oress1 The Humor List Monthly Traffic Report For DECEMBER 2018

The Humor List

TRAFFIC REPORT FOR DECEMBER 2018

TRAFFIC REPORT MENU
1. Welcome And Comments

2. Humor List Staff
3. Contributors' Tips
4. Become A Contributor
5. Traffic Report
6. Contributors' Daily Submission Counts
7. Humor List Goals
8. The 10 Basic Rules
9. Subscribing Instructions
10. Navigating Simplelists
11. Finding the Archives
12. Follow us on Social Media
13. Doug's Traditional Humor Contribution
14. The Humor List Website Navigation

WELCOME TO THE MONTH OF: DECEMBER 2018
Hi, everyone, this is Doug and Sandy, with this month's Traffic Report - our seventeenth month as a subscriber-supported group and our wonderful contributors are doing a fantastic job each month!! Our Contributors are the best!! If you read a post that you particularly liked - a little "fan mail" to the contributor is always welcomed! Just remember to hit the "Reply" on the email and do not send your personal message to the whole group!

Once a month, during the first part of the month, the Traffic Report is posted to the entire humor list. We hope that you have found that posting the monthly Traffic Report directly to our website and providing everyone a link, has been easier to follow our progress.

Doug:  Welcome, eveyone, to 2019. May you all be able to use the correct year when you write the date, and your year be prosperous and everything good. I will be, hopefully, posting a good bit more this year with a series called 'Facts That Will Scare the S**t Out of You'. I also have a difference for the end of our first year as a subscriber-supported list, a joke NOT from the archives, but from the internet. I may do that more often.

Sandy:

There are a few older notices for contributors, some going into effect Jan 1, 2019, located under Contributor Tips. archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1/Traffic/TR201811.htm#tips

 **Spoiler Alert** As the new year approaches, Doug and I have a few surprises for 2019! Be sure to read the 2018 Yearly Traffic Report to find out what we're doing! On Jan 1, all of 2017 archived posts from SimpleLists will be permanently moved to our website and will no longer available through SimpleLists. Posts from January 2018-December 2018 will remain available on SimpleLists only. Every month we will be adding another month to our website and deleting it from SimpleLists - maintaining 12 months of archived files on SimpleLists available to subscribing members ONLY! Files are still re-organized on our website, The Humor List Archive. If you find a broken link, let Sandy know what page you were attempting to reach so she can repair those links she missed. Thank you!!

* WOW!      We hit 485 posts. We have some very dedicated and hard-working contributors!

The Humor List Exciting Event

** A very special mention to the 5 Contributors that posted daily for December 2018!
    Sandy (AKA MsSam) - 22nd Consecutive Month
    Humoress1 - 16th Consecutive Month
    George Matyjewicz - 8th Consecutive Month
    Paul Benoit - 3rd Consecutive Month
    Bill Eagle - 1st month of daily posts

The Humor List Exceptional Posting

*** Even with the end-of-the-year holidays, it continues being quite impressive what our dedicated contributors are doing again this month! What a remarkable job with 485 posts for December! Our average for the first 12 months of 2018 is at 14.96 jokes per day. Our daily average for December was  15.6 jokes per day. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!

The Humor List Amazing Event

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: admin1@thehumorlist.us
If you have a complaint or comment regarding the Traffic Report - send it to: comments@thehumorlist.us
(This report updated with current information: DECEMBER 2018 )
Back To Top

THE HUMOR LIST STAFF IS COMPRISED OF:
Sandy (AKA MsSam): Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop" - admin1@thehumorlist.us
Doug Harter: Assistant Admin, Archivist, and Traffic Reporter - traffic@thehumorlist.us
Maurizio Mariotti: Twitter Account Management - twitter@thehumorlist.us
Bill Edwards: Founder and List-Owner Emeritus

** CONTRIBUTORS' TIPS **
WHAT ARE THE CURRENT POSTING RESTRICTIONS?
Originally The Humor List "Rules" stated that only 1 post per day was allowed. Since then, that restriction was lifted and multiple posts were allowed. It has been noted that recently that some contributors are overly zealous in their desire to share humorous posts - creating massive Digests for subscribers. Doug and I have discussed a reasonable compromise and now have set limits at NO MORE THAN 3 posts per email address per "posting day". Effective January 2019, ALL posts exceeding the 3 post limit will be deleted from the daily Digest AND not counted towards a contributor's totals for that day.

Archive for Tips and Tricks

BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR
We have the best group of contributors - some posting every day and some posting multiple times daily. If you'd like information on how to join this elite group of merry men (and women) - send one of the Admin staff an email and we'll gladly answer all your questions. Everyone subscribing to The Humor List is encouraged to become a Contributor. Send your humor to thehumorlist@simplelists.com.
- Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until they can demonstrate an understanding and compliance of The Rules.
- You will not immediately see your posts (if you receive individual postings) until they are approved by Doug or Sandy.

Total Jokes Submitted This Month 485
WEEK SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT
#1             11
#2 15 13 14 16 10 15 12
#3 15 14 15 18 14 17 16
#4 14 12 16 17 18 15 16
#5 16 25 17 17 15 19 16
#6 17 20

Total Contributors Submitting
WEEK SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT
#1             8
#2 10 9 8 10 6 10 7
#3 9 9 9 9 8 9 9
#4 8 7 10 10 11 9 9
#5 8 12 8 9 7 10 8
#6 9 11

Statistical Comparisons
  DECEMBER 2018 NOVEMBER 2018 DECEMBER 2017 DECEMBER 2016
# Jokes for the Month: 485 395 391 187
# Submission Days for the Month: 31 30 31 31
# Average Jokes Per Day for the Month: 15.6 13.1 12.6 6
# Highest Joke Count in 1 Day 25 20 0 0
# Highest Contributor Count in 1 Day 12 11 0 0
# Contributors for the Month: 18 15 0 0
# Total Contributors: 20 16 0 13
# New Subscribers for the Month: 2 0 0 1
# Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 4* 0 1 2
# Total Subscribers at end of the Month: 327 331 241 1463
* 1 Unsubscribe, 2 Duplicate Removals, 1 Bounced Email Drop.
(1) The past statistics are based on addresses registered to our Listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers.
(2) While the information was interesting, because of the way mailing programs have become so universal, there's no way to accurately track the number of countries currently receiving The Humor List. We have discontinued reporting "Countries" in our monthly statistics.

CONTRIBUTORS' DAILY SUBMISSION COUNTS
* Contributed every day of the available month!.
On the "Daily Submission Counts", although more than one joke may be submitted per day, only one submission per day is countable for those totals. Submission dates are currently based upon Pacific Standard Time (PST) (2400-2400).
Contributor Posting Order From 12/1/2018 - 12/31/2018
* Sandy (AKA MsSam) Sibert 31
* Humoress1 31
* George Matyjewicz 31
* Paul Benoit 31
* Bill Eagle 31
Roger Hyman 28
Maurizio Mariotti 24
March Warn 24
Lee Bradley 14
Anna Welander 12
Phil G 3
Lanny Julian 4
Grady Lacy 3
Doug Harter 3
Traffic Reporter/Admin1 3
1 Submission Each: Robert Bragner
Monthly Data
Yearly Data

HUMOR GOALS:
A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor.
Protection of sensitivities for readers (Subject Line Warning Requirement).

THE HUMOR LIST 10 BASIC RULES (here's the simplified version):
(1) Six rules protect HUMOR members from excessive traffic.
- Only substantial examples of humor should be posted.
- Discussion, requests, criticisms, questions should not be posted.
- No personal attacks.
- Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines. No ASCII files. No signature file preferred.
- While multiple posts are allowed, posting limit is now NO MORE THAN 3 per day.
- NO SPAMMING! A spammer will receive one warning before they are deleted and blocked. This is that one warning!
- NO links or attached files - with the exception of official business by the administrators.

(2) Three rules protect HUMOR from complaints.
- Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
- Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.
- A CONTRIBUTOR WHO REPEATEDLY VIOLATES ANY OF THESE RULES, AFTER BEING WARNED, WILL BE SUSPENDED.

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to the "Rule Cop": admin1@thehumorlist.us
Full list of Rules: http://thehumorlist.us/rules.htm

SUBSCRIBING INSTRUCTIONS THROUGH SIMPLELISTS:
1) http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

2) The one-time subscriber fee is now $14.95 for one email address or $19.95 for two email addresses.

3) After payment through PayPal, you will be directed back to the Humor List website. Because PayPal and SIMPLELISTS are not directly connected, there is a second step that must be completed. Please continue by adding your subscription information to the SimpleLists form. If you encounter any problems, contact Admin1.

4) One of the factors in deciding to allow SIMPLELISTS to become our new mailing list service was their strict anti-spamming policy. After completing the SIMPLELIST form, you will be sent a "Request to join mailing list thehumorlist@simplelists.com" email with a confirmation link. Be sure to confirm your email address. If a subscriber has not "confirmed" their email address - SIMPLELISTS will not allow us to include their email address for daily mailings.

NAVIGATING SIMPLELISTS
Effective August 1, 2017, The Humor List became a subscriber-supported list, with our list-mailing service being managed through SIMPLELISTS. New information is now available for subscriptions, 12 months of current archives, and account management. You will also find all of this information on every post you receive.

SUBSCRIBE: The most current information, prices, and possible specials, will be posted on our website. We only accept PayPal for membership fees.

TO BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER: http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

TO CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS: http://archives.simplelists.com/

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE HUMOR LIST: Individualized link is included on every email that subscribers received.

24-HOUR POSTING TIMES FOR DIGESTS: Midnight to midnight, PDT (UTC minus 08 hours) and 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST  (UTC minus 07 hours).

FINDING THE ARCHIVES
These are the current sites for the archives:
Daily Humor Posts, Digests, and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports
Pre-August 2017 (Available to the public)
http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1

Daily Humor Posts
Post-August 2017 (Members only)
https://archives.simplelists.com/thehumorlist

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
The Humor List on Facebook US ON FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/The-Humor-List-241979695844031/

FOLLOW US ON The Humor List on Twitter
https://twitter.com/The_Humor_List

DOUG'S TRADITIONAL HUMOR CONTRIBUTION
And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. This is my contribution of Humor from the Archives:

Created for today

From: Doug Harter
Subject: Elvis jokes

Joke:
In honor of Elvis' birthday on January 8, I have a collection of Elvis short jokes.

Q: Why wasn't Elvis still on stage when the fan got to the show?
A: Elvis had left the building.

Q: Who is the best singer in the garden?
A: Elvis Parsely

Q: What was Elvis's first great hit?
A: A grand slam in Little League baseball!

Q: Why did Elvis like milk shakes so much?
A: They're all shook up.

Q: What did Elvis say when he was handed a burger at the barbecue?
A: Won't eat nothin' but a hot dog'

Q: Where wouldn't Elvis ever stay on Valentine's Day?
A: The Heartbreak Hotel.

Q: Why did Elvis go to the shoe psychiatrist?
A: His suede shoes were blue.

Q: Why did Elvis go the zoo keeper?
A: To ask if he could be their Teddy Bear.

Q: Where did they almost build Graceland?
A: Elvisconsin.

Q: What was Elvis doing at the beach?
A: Going to a clambake.

Q: What did Elvis say at the restaurant?
A: Love me, chicken tenders, love me true'

Q: What did Elvis say when his classmate punched him?
A: Don't be cruel.

Q: Why did aliens go to Graceland?
A: They were Elvisitors from another planet.

Q: What did Elvis do when he couldn't find a singing partner?
A: He went out and bought a duet yourself kit.

Q: Why did Bugs Bunny move next door to Elvis?
A: He knew his houndog had never caught a rabbit.

Q: Why was Elvis invited to the farm?
A: They were having a Moosical.

Q: What soup did Elvis always order when he went out?
A: El-Vichyssoise

Q: Why was Elvis arrested after his concert?
A: He was in treble.

Doug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archivist
Sandy (AKA MsSam) - Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop"

2018 TRAFFIC REPORTS
JANUARY FEBRUARY MARCH APRIL
MAY JUNE JULY AUGUST
SEPTEMBER OCTOBER NOVEMBER DECEMBER

ARCHIVE NAVIGATION
TRAFFIC REPORTS
MONTHLY POST INDEXES
TRAFFIC REPORTS
TRAFFIC REPORT DATA CONTRIBUTORS HISTORY BIOGRAPHIES

SANDY (AKA MsSam)