The Humor List

TRAFFIC REPORT FOR JULY 2018

TRAFFIC REPORT MENU
1. Welcome And Comments

2. Humor List Staff
3. Contributors' Tips
4. Become A Contributor
5. Traffic Report
6. Contributors' Daily Submission Counts
7. Humor List Goals
8. The 10 Basic Rules
9. Subscribing Instructions
10. Navigating Simplelists
11. Finding the Archives
12. Follow us on Social Media
13. Doug's Traditional Humor Contribution
14. The Humor List Website Navigation

WELCOME TO THE MONTH OF: JULY 2018
Hi, everyone, this is Sandy, with this month's Traffic Report. Can you believe it? We've completed our 12th month as a subscriber-supported group!! Without the contributions and dedication of our wonderful contributors, we would not have succeeded AND broken long-standing records! Our Contributors are the best!! If you read a post that you particularly liked - a little "fan mail" to the contributor is always welcomed. Just remember to hit the "Reply" on the email and do not send your personal message to the whole group.

Once a month, during the first part of the month, the Traffic Report is posted to the entire humor list. We hope that you have found that posting the monthly Traffic Report directly to our website and providing everyone a link, has been easier to follow our progress.

Doug: I relegated the Traffic Report to Sandy this month because I'm going to be enjoying, hopefully, the SUNNY seashore of New Jersey. As I write this, our daily joke average is 16.1, which means we need to up the average a tiny bit to make my challenge of 500. I hope we make it. I'll be back next month. (Note from Sandy: We did it!!)

My joke selection for this month honors National Senior Citizens' Day, August 21st.

Sandy: On August 1, all of the August 2017 archived posts will be permanently moved to our website and will no longer available through SimpleLists. Posts from September 2017-August 2018 will remain available on SimpleLists. Every month we will be adding the current month to our website and deleting it from SimpleLists - maintaining 1 year of archived files on SimpleLists available to subscribing members ONLY!

* WOW!    August 1st is our one year anniversary as a subscriber-supported list! Been a busy year and everyone deserves a big pat on the back for this success - the Admin Staff, Contributors, and our loyal subscribers!!
The Humor List Exciting Event

** A very special mention to the 6 Contributors that posted daily for July 2018!
    Sandy (AKA MsSam) - 17th Consecutive Month
    Humoress1 - 11th Consecutive Month
    Paul "PBen" Benoit - 7th Consecutive Month
    Bill Eagle - 4th Full Month
    George Matyjewicz - 3rd Full Month
    Doug Harter - 1st Full Month
The Humor List Exceptional Posting

*** It continues being quite impressive what our dedicated contributors are doing again this month! What a remarkable job with 527 posts for July! Our average for the first 7 months of 2018 is at 15.5 jokes per day. Our daily average for July was 17.0 jokes per day. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!
The Humor List Amazing Event

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: admin1@thehumorlist.us
If you have a complaint or comment regarding the Traffic Report - send it to: comments@thehumorlist.us
(This report updated with current information: <Month Year>)
Back To Top

THE HUMOR LIST STAFF IS COMPRISED OF:
Sandy (AKA MsSam): Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop" - admin1@thehumorlist.us
Doug Harter: Assistant Admin, Archivist, and Traffic Reporter - traffic@thehumorlist.us
Maurizio Mariotti: Twitter Account Management - twitter@thehumorlist.us
Bill Edwards: Founder and List-Owner Emeritus

** CONTRIBUTORS' TIPS **
Into the month of August 2018, Doug and Sandy will be updating The Rules - asking for input by the contributors. Until then, straight and simple
     - Limit posts to NO MORE than 3 per day, per approved email addresses.
     - "Warning Labels" are meant to WARN readers of possibly offensive content.
     - Duplicates will happen to all of us eventually (I had my first duplicated post in over 17 months in July). Having 2-3 duplicates, each month, is not doing our subscribers any favors.

Archive for Tips and Tricks

BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR
We have the best group of contributors - some posting every day and some posting multiple times daily. If you'd like information on how to join this elite group of merry men (and women) - send one of the Admin staff an email and we'll gladly answer all your questions. Everyone subscribing to The Humor List is encouraged to become a Contributor. Send your humor to thehumorlist@simplelists.com.
- Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until they can demonstrate an understanding and compliance of The Rules.
- You will not immediately see your posts (if you receive individual postings) until they are approved by Doug or Sandy.

Total Jokes Submitted This Month <527>
WEEK SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT
#1 19 17 22 17 16 22 17
#2 14 21 16 12 20 16 14
#3 16 15 14 15 18 17 17
#4 14 18 19 14 18 21 14
#5 11 25 18

Total Contributors Submitting
WEEK SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT
#1 10 12 12 10 9 12 10
#2 8 11 11 9 11 10 9
#3 10 10 10 10 9 12 11
#4 8 12 13 10 11 13 9
#5 7 12 9

Statistical Comparisons
  Jul 2018 Jun 2018 Jul 2017 Jul 2016
# Jokes for the Month: 527 488 208 111
# Submission Days for the Month: 31 30 31 31
# Average Jokes Per Day for the Month: 17.0 16.3 6.7 4
# Highest Joke Count in 1 Day 25 24 12 7
# Highest Contributor Count in 1 Day 13 12 9 N/A
# Contributors for the Month: 19 19 16 10
# Total Contributors: 23 23 22 11
# New Subscribers for the Month: 0 0 87 2
# Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 0 0 20 3
# Total Subscribers at end of the Month: 331 331 234 1468

(1) The past statistics are based on addresses registered to our Listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers.
(2) While the information was interesting, because of the way mailing programs have become so universal, there's no way to accurately track the number of countries currently receiving The Humor List. We have discontinued reporting "Countries" in our monthly statistics.

CONTRIBUTORS' DAILY SUBMISSION COUNTS
* Contributed every day of the available month!.
On the "Daily Submission Counts", although more than one joke may be submitted per day, only one submission per day is countable for those totals. Submission dates are currently based upon Pacific Daylight Time (2400-2400).
Contributor Posting Order From 07/01/2018 - 07/31/2018
Sandy (AKA MsSam) 31
Humoress1 31
Paul Benoit (PBen) 31
Bill Eagle 31
George Matyjewicz 31
Doug Harter 31
Roger Hyman (A/Dodger) 26
Maurizio Mariotti (Maury) 23
March Warn 22
Lee Bradley (T.O.P.) 17
Grady Lacy 15
Anna Welander 6
Lanny Julian 5
Phil G 5
Leonard Topolski 4
Randall Woodman 4
Ray Powell 3
Mickey Hennigan 3
1 Submission Each: Admin1
Monthly Data
Yearly Data

HUMOR GOALS:
A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor.
Protection of sensitivities for readers (Subject Line Warning Requirement).

THE HUMOR LIST 10 BASIC RULES (here's the simplified version):
(1) Six rules protect HUMOR members from excessive traffic.
- Only substantial examples of humor should be posted.
- Discussion, requests, criticisms, questions should not be posted.
- No personal attacks.
- Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines. No ASCII files. No signature file preferred.
- While multiple posts are allowed, posting limit is now NO MORE THAN 3 per day.
- NO SPAMMING! A spammer will receive one warning before they are deleted and blocked. This is that one warning!
- NO links or attached files - with the exception of official business by the administrators.

(2) Three rules protect HUMOR from complaints.
- Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
- Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.
- A CONTRIBUTOR WHO REPEATEDLY VIOLATES ANY OF THESE RULES, AFTER BEING WARNED, WILL BE SUSPENDED.

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to the "Rule Cop": admin1@thehumorlist.us
Full list of Rules: http://thehumorlist.us/rules.htm

SUBSCRIBING INSTRUCTIONS THROUGH SIMPLELISTS:
1) http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

2) The one-time subscriber fee is now $14.95 for one email address or $19.95 for two email addresses.

3) After payment through PayPal, you will be directed back to the Humor List website. Because PayPal and SIMPLELISTS are not directly connected, there is a second step that must be completed. Please continue by adding your subscription information to the SimpleLists form. If you encounter any problems, contact Admin1.

4) One of the factors in deciding to allow SIMPLELISTS to become our new mailing list service was their strict anti-spamming policy. After completing the SIMPLELIST form, you will be sent a "Request to join mailing list thehumorlist@simplelists.com" email with a confirmation link. Be sure to confirm your email address. If a subscriber has not "confirmed" their email address - SIMPLELISTS will not allow us to include their email address for daily mailings.

NAVIGATING SIMPLELISTS
Effective August 1, 2017, The Humor List became a subscriber-supported list, with our list-mailing service being managed through SIMPLELISTS. New information is now available for subscriptions, 12 months of current archives, and account management. You will also find all of this information on every post you receive.

SUBSCRIBE: The most current information, prices, and possible specials, will be posted on our website. We only accept PayPal for membership fees.

TO BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER: http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

TO CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS: http://archives.simplelists.com/

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE HUMOR LIST: Individualized link is included on every email that subscribers received.

24-HOUR POSTING TIMES FOR DIGESTS: Midnight to midnight, PDT (UTC minus 08 hours) and 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST  (UTC minus 07 hours).

FINDING THE ARCHIVES
These are the current sites for the archives:
Daily Humor Posts, Digests, and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports
Pre-September 2017 (Available to the public)
http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1

Daily Humor Posts
Post-August 2017 (Members only)
https://archives.simplelists.com/thehumorlist

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
The Humor List on Facebook US ON FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/The-Humor-List-241979695844031/

FOLLOW US ON The Humor List on Twitter
https://twitter.com/The_Humor_List

DOUG'S TRADITIONAL HUMOR CONTRIBUTION
And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it.

This joke is #5 in the Digest for: 08/17/1998
Link: http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1/Digests/H9808170.php#Joke5

From: Bill Stebbins
Subject: A PLEASANT LETTER FROM GRANDMA <language>

Joke:
Life is so pleasant here at the Hillhaben Home. Everyone treats me so nice. I share my little room with another lady, Martha Tyler. We have so much in common. She is 91 and I'm 87. I can't tell you how much your letters and gifts mean to me - especially the lovely little radio. I just listen to it all the time now.

Martha has had a little radio for five years but she keeps it turned down so low I can hardly hear it. I used to ask her to turn it up so I could enjoy it too, but she never would do it. She doesn't mean to be that way, God love her. But, she's so old, and all, bless her heart.

Last Thursday Martha knocked her radio off her little bedside table and it broke into so many pieces that it can't be repaired. Poor soul, I felt so sorry for her. Tonight I listened to the Southern Methodist Hour on my own little set. It was so wonderful hearing all the old hymns again. Martha, God love her, came over to my bed with tears in her eyes and asked me if I'd turn it up so she could hear it too.

Naturally, I told her to fuck off. God bless her.

Love Grandma

Doug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archivist
Sandy (AKA MsSam) - Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop"

2018 TRAFFIC REPORTS
JANUARY FEBRUARY MARCH APRIL
MAY JUNE JULY AUGUST
SEPTEMBER OCTOBER NOVEMBER DECEMBER

ARCHIVE NAVIGATION
TRAFFIC REPORTS
MONTHLY POST INDEXES
TRAFFIC REPORTS
TRAFFIC REPORT DATA CONTRIBUTORS HISTORY BIOGRAPHIES

SANDY (AKA MsSam)