7. Traffic Report
8. Countries Information (Discontinued)
9. Monthly "Top Contributors"
10. Humor List Goals
10. The 9 Basic Rules
11. Subscribing Instructions
13. Finding the Archives
14. Follow us on Social Media
15. Doug's Traditional Humor Contribution
14. The Humor List Website Navigation

WELCOME TO THE MONTH OF: OCTOBER 2017
Hi, everyone, this is Doug (and Sandy), with this month's Traffic Report - our third month as a subscriber-supported group and our wonderful contributors continue to break daily posting records with a fury!! Our Contributors are the best!! If you read a post that you particularly liked - a little "fan mail" to the contributor is always welcomed! Just remember to hit the "Reply:" on the email and do not send your personal message to the whole group!

Once a month, during the first part of the month, the Traffic Report is usually posted to the entire humor list. We're doing something a little different - posting the monthly Traffic Report to our website and providing everyone a link. It will remain here one month before being transferred to the regular Traffic Report site on our Archives.
(This report updated with current information: February 2018)

CHANGES
While the information was interesting, because of the way mailing programs have become so universal, there's no way to accurately track the number of countries currently receiving The Humor List. We will be discontinuing the reporting of "Countries" in our monthly statistics.

WANTED!
We have the best group of contributors - some posting every day and some posting multiple times daily. If you'd like information on how to join this elite group of merry men (and women) - send one of the Admin staff an email and we'll gladly answer all your questions.

** CONTRIBUTORS' TIP **
(1) Sunday morning, November 5th @ 0200 PDT, the clocks go back 1 hour! SimpleLists' server does NOT change. That means the new deadline time for posting jokes will become 2300 PST. Their server will start processing the day's contributions at 2300 PST, into the Digest, and it will now be mailed out at midnight PST. (If you live in AZ or other areas not effected by the change - your times remain the same.)

(2) Did you know - when transferring text from the Daily Digests to the web pages, there are certain characters and symbols that do not transfer and will substitute with a � or a  � character instead? The standard "Quotation Marks" and "Apostrophes" are the biggest offenders. Changing them to "Prime" or "Double Prime" characters (foot and inches marks), before posting, avoids abnormal characters that need to be edited before uploading to our website's archive. Other offenders include - accent marks in words like fiancé or risqué becoming fianc�e or risqu�, long dashes, the copyright symbol © and dots become � .

(3) There's a new section on our website - "Tips & Tricks". All of the Admin Notes and Traffic Report's "Contributors' Tips will be archived for easier reference.

(4) Duplicate posts have become a frequent problem lately. It's recommended all contributors receive individual posts instead of the daily digests - but it doesn't matter which you receive if you don't read them!! Duplicated posts will count towards daily posting totals but NOT individual totals. Effective Immediately: Within a 6-month period, the first duplication will receive a warning. The second duplication will result in a 3-month monitoring of posts. Neither of the Admin Staff want to be committed to the extra time required to monitor posts, so please watch what you post! (There are always special circumstances. Contact the "Rules Cop" if you need a duplicate post deleted due to computer or Internet errors.)

THE HUMOR LIST STAFF IS COMPRISED OF:
Sandy (AKA MsSam): Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop" - admin1@thehumorlist.us
Doug Harter: Assistant Admin, Archivist, and Traffic Reporter - traffic@thehumorlist.us
Maurizio Mariotti: Twitter Account Management - twitter@thehumorlist.us
Bill Edwards: Founder and List-Owner Emeritus
Back to Top

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ==

BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR
We have the best group of contributors - some posting every day and some posting multiple times daily. If you'd like information on how to join this elite group of merry men (and women) - send one of the Admin staff an email and we'll gladly answer all your questions. Everyone subscribing to The Humor List is encouraged to become a Contributor. Send your humor to thehumorlist@simplelists.com.

- Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until they can demonstrate an understanding and compliance of The Rules
- You will not immediately see your posts (if you receive individual postings) until they are approved by Doug or Sandy.

Total Jokes Submitted (367)
WEEK SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT
#1 5 15 14 14 10 14 16
#2 11 9 10 13 9 15 11
#3 11 14 15 11 10 11 9
#4 10 12 11 14 10 6 14
#5 11 18 11 - - - -

Total Contributors Submitting
WEEK SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT
#1 5 10 9 9 8 9 9
#2 7 8 8 9 8 12 7
#3 8 11 11 8 8 9 9
#4 9 10 7 11 8 6 11
#5 8 10 9 - - - -

Statistical Comparisons
  Oct 2017 Sep 2017 Oct 2016 Oct 2015
# Jokes for the Month: 367 300 142 142
# Days of submissions for the Month: 31 30 31 31
# Average Jokes per day for the Month: 11.8 10 5 5
# Contributors for the Month: 17 19 14 12
# Total Contributors: 21 23 12 16
# Highest Joke Count in 1 Day 18 17 Not Available Not Available
# Highest Contributor Count in 1 Day 12 11 Not Available Not Available
# New Subscribers for the Month: 0 5 7 Not Available
# Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 0 1 5 1
# Subscribers at end of the Month: 242 242 1464 1467

The past statistics are based on addresses registered to our Listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers.

THE HUMOR LIST IS SENT DAILY TO THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES:
While the information was interesting, because of the way mailing programs have become so universal, there's no way to accurately track the number of countries currently receiving The Humor List. We will be discontinuing the reporting of "Countries" in our monthly statistics.

TOP 15 CONTRIBUTORS
*Contributed every day of the available month!

This shows the Contributors sending the most daily contributions of Humor each month.
Top 15 Contributors from 10/01/2017 to 10/31/2017
*Sandy (AKA MsSam) 31
*George Matyjewicz 31
*Admin1 31
Bill Eagle 29
Lee Bradley 27
Roger Hyman (ADodger) 25
Maurizio Mariotti (Maury) 21
Anna Welander 20
Ray Powell 18
Paul Benoit (PBen) 9
March Warn 8
Phil G 8
Grady Lacy 5
Larry Randall 2
Bob Bragner (RLB) 2
Jim Mica 2
1 Submission Each: Randall Woodman, Traffic Reporter
Monthly Data
Yearly Data

HUMOR GOALS:
A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor.
Protection of sensitivities for readers (Subject Line Warning Requirement).

THE HUMOR LIST 9 BASIC RULES (here's the simplified version):
1) Six rules protect HUMOR members from excessive traffic.
Only substantial examples of humor should be posted.
Discussion, requests, criticisms, questions should not be posted.
No personal attacks.
Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines. No ASCII files. No signature file preferred.
NO SPAMMING! A spammer will receive one warning before they are deleted and blocked. This is that one warning!
NO links or attached files - with the exception of official business by the administrators.

2) Three rules protect HUMOR from complaints.
Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.

A CONTRIBUTOR WHO REPEATEDLY VIOLATES THE RULES, AFTER BEING WARNED, WILL BE SUSPENDED.

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: admin1@thehumorlist.us
Full list of Rules: http://thehumorlist.us/rules.htm

SUBSCRIBING INSTRUCTIONS:
1) http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

2) The one-time subscriber fee is now $14.95 for one email address or $19.95 for two email addresses.

3) After payment through PayPal, you will be directed back to the Humor List website. Because PayPal and SimpleLists are not directly connected, there is a second step that must be completed. Please continue by adding your subscription information to the SimpleLists form.

4) One of the factors in deciding to allow SimpleLists to become our new mailing list service was their strict anti-spamming policy. After completing the SimpleLists form, you will be sent a "Request to join mailing list thehumorlist@simplelists.com" email with a confirmation link. Be sure to confirm your email address. If a subscriber has not "confirmed" their email address - SimpleLists will not allow us to include their email address for daily mailings.

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017
The Humor List became a subscriber-supported list, with our list-mailing service being managed through SimpleLists. New information is now available for subscriptions, 12 months of current archives, and account management. We also have pages on both Facebook and Twitter.

SUBSCRIBE: The most current information, prices, and possible specials, will be posted on our website. We only accept PayPal for membership fees.

TO BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER: http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

TO CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS: http://archives.simplelists.com/

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE HUMOR LIST: Individualized link included on every email subscribers received.

24-HOUR POSTING TIMES FOR DIGESTS: Midnight to midnight, PDT (UTC minus 08 hours) and 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST  (UTC minus 07 hours).

FINDING THE ARCHIVES
(Daily Humor Posts, Digests, and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports)

These are the current sites for the archives:

Pre-June 2017 (Available to the public)
http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1

Post-June 2017 (Members only)
https://archives.simplelists.com/thehumorlist

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
The Humor List on Facebook US ON FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/The-Humor-List-241979695844031/

FOLLOW US ON The Humor List on Twitter
https://twitter.com/The_Humor_List

DOUG'S TRADITIONAL HUMOR CONTRIBUTION
And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. This is my contribution of Humor from the Archives:

This joke is joke #4 in the Digest For 10/31/1999
http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1/Digests/H9910310.php#Joke4

From: Terry Galan
Subject: Top 10 Halloween Things That Sound Dirty But Aren't

10. She's a goblin!
9. I'd like to get a little something in the sack tonight.
8. Just get on your hands and knees and bob your head.
7. She's got a couple of nice pumpkins on her porch
6. If you just lick it, it'll last longer.
5. Let me see your big sack!
4. Can I eat your Zagnuts?
3. Have your mom check it before you put it in your mouth.
2. You scared me stiff!
1. He's got Candy spread out on the living room floor!

Doug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archivist
Submitted by: Sandy (AKA MsSam): Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop", in Doug's absence.

MONTHLY POST INDEXES