7. Countries Information
8. Monthly "Top Contributors"
9. Humor List Goals
10. The 9 Basic Rules
11. Subscribing Instructions
12. Coming Changes
13. Finding the Archives
14. Follow us on Social Media
15. Doug's Traditional Humor Contribution
14. The Humor List Website Navigation

WELCOME TO THE MONTH OF: SEPTEMBER 2017
Hi, everyone, this is Doug (and Sandy), with this month's Traffic Report - our second month as a subscriber-supported group and our wonderful contributors were breaking daily posting records with a fury!! Our Contributors are the world's best!! If you read a post that you particularly liked - a little "fan mail" to the contributor is always welcomed! Just remember to hit the "Reply:" on the email and do not send your personal message to the whole group!

Once a month, during the first part of the month, the Traffic Report is usually posted to the entire humor list. We're doing something a little different - posting the monthly Traffic Report to our website and providing everyone a link. The format for the Traffic Report is still being modified, as there are a lot of changes still being made to everything - from our website, the Archive and this format. We appreciate your patience during these transitions! (Did you know, we now have a linked page for "Certificates of Accomplishment" for those Contributors who posting daily?)

The 2 most current months of Traffic Reports will be posted on our main website, with a link available on the Traffic Report Index and here, until they are transferred to this portion of the Archives.
(This report updated with current information: February 2018)

NEW FEATURES
With the help of Larry Randall doing the research, we've installed a new search program, provided by FreeFind.com. With over 9,000 daily digests, collected over the past 23 years, now they are easily searchable by "keywords". Please - come and check it out! Let us know what you think!! (You might also notice that our Archive site is being given a major overhaul too. Having all those digest pages, it's going to be a long, slow job to totally complete - but we do have 2017, 2016 and half of 2015 finished already!)

** CONTRIBUTORS' TIP **
(1) While SimpleLists allows contributions to be sent with various font attributes (and the individually received emails to display the "fancy" text), it is all stripped away for the daily Digest - which 90+% of our subscribers receive. The best way to prevent lines being added or subtracted in the Digest format, is to send your email contributions using the plain text format.

(2) Avoid the non-routine "dot and dash characters" that will not show up in SimpleLists' Archives and will end up as unrecognized text and have to be manually removed from our archive pages.

THE HUMOR LIST STAFF IS COMPRISED OF:
Sandy (AKA MsSam): Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop" - admin1@thehumorlist.us
Doug Harter: Assistant Admin, Archivist, and Traffic Reporter - traffic@thehumorlist.us
Maurizio Mariotti: Twitter Account Management - twitter@thehumorlist.us
Bill Edwards: Founder and List-Owner Emeritus
Back to Top

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ==

BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR
We have the best group of contributors - some posting every day and some posting multiple times daily. If you'd like information on how to join this elite group of merry men (and women) - send one of the Admin staff an email and we'll gladly answer all your questions. Everyone subscribing to The Humor List is encouraged to become a Contributor. Send your humor to thehumorlist@simplelists.com.
- Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until they can demonstrate an understanding and compliance of The Rules
- You will not immediately see your posts (if you receive individual postings) until they are approved by Doug or Sandy.

Total Jokes Submitted (300)
WEEK SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT
#1 - - - - - 12 7
#2 8 15 13 11 12 8 14
#3 9 9 10 9 7 17 7
#4 6 10 7 7 10 11 6
#5 12 8 8 14 12 10 7

Total Contributors Submitting
WEEK SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT
#1 - - - - - 11 6
#2 6 9 10 9 10 8 9
#3 7 7 8 9 6 8 7
#4 6 7 7 7 7 9 6
#5 10 6 7 10 10 9 7

Statistical Comparisons
  Sep 2017 Aug 2017 Sep 2016 Sep 2015
# Jokes for the Month: 300 237 138 140
# Days of submissions for the Month: 30 31 30 30
# Average Jokes per day for the Month: 10 7.6 5 5
# Contributors for the Month: 19 19 13 11
# Total Contributors: 23 21 16 Not Available
# New Subscribers for the Month: 5 5 4 Not Available
# Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 1 1 4 Not Available
# Subscribers at end of the Month: 242 238 1467 Not Available

The above statistics are based on addresses registered to our Listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers.

THE HUMOR LIST IS SENT DAILY TO THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES:
While the information was interesting, because of the way mailing programs have become so universal, there's no way to accurately track the number of countries currently receiving The Humor List. We will be discontinuing the reporting of "Countries" in our monthly statistics.

TOP 15 CONTRIBUTORS
*Contributed every day of the available month!

This shows the Contributors sending the most daily contributions of Humor each month.
Top 15 Contributors from 9/01/2017 to 9/30/2017
*Sandy (AKA MsSam) 30
*George Matyjewicz 30
*Admin1 30
Bill Eagle 29
Lee Bradley 28
Maurizio Mariotti 22
Roger Hyman (ADodger) 20
Ray Powell 13
Phil G 12
Anna Welander 7
March Warn 5
Paul Benoit 5
Grady Lacy 2
Larry Randall 2
1 Submission Each: Carol Coleman, Traffic Reporter, Lanny Julian, Conrad Macina, Richard Nehrbass
Monthly Data
Yearly Data

HUMOR GOALS:
A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor.
Protection of sensitivities for readers (Subject Line Warning Requirement).

THE HUMOR LIST 9 BASIC RULES (here's the simplified version):
1) Six rules protect HUMOR members from excessive traffic.
Only substantial examples of humor should be posted.
Discussion, requests, criticisms, questions should not be posted.
No personal attacks.
Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines. No ASCII files. No signature file preferred.
NO SPAMMING! A spammer will receive one warning before they are deleted and blocked. This is that one warning!
NO links or attached files - with the exception of official business by the administrators.

2) Three rules protect HUMOR from complaints.
Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.

A CONTRIBUTOR WHO REPEATEDLY VIOLATES THE RULES, AFTER BEING WARNED, WILL BE SUSPENDED.

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: admin1@thehumorlist.us
Full list of Rules: http://thehumorlist.us/rules.htm

SUBSCRIBING INSTRUCTIONS:
1) http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

2) The one-time subscriber fee is now $14.95 for one email address or $19.95 for two email addresses.

3) After payment through PayPal, you will be directed back to the Humor List website. Because PayPal and SimpleLists are not directly connected, there is a second step that must be completed. Please continue by adding your subscription information to the SimpleLists form.

4) One of the factors in deciding to allow SimpleLists to become our new mailing list service was their strict anti-spamming policy. After completing the SimpleLists form, you will be sent a "Request to join mailing list thehumorlist@simplelists.com" email with a confirmation link. Be sure to confirm your email address. If a subscriber has not "confirmed" their email address - SimpleLists will not allow us to include their email address for daily mailings.

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017
The Humor List became a subscriber-supported list, with our list-mailing service being managed through SimpleLists. New information is now available for subscriptions, 12 months of current archives, and account management. We also have pages on both Facebook and Twitter.

SUBSCRIBE: The most current information, prices, and possible specials, will be posted on our website. We only accept PayPal for membership fees.

TO BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER: http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

TO CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS: http://archives.simplelists.com/

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE HUMOR LIST: Individualized link included on every email subscribers received.

24-HOUR POSTING TIMES FOR DIGESTS: Midnight to midnight, PDT (UTC minus 08 hours) and 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST  (UTC minus 07 hours).

FINDING THE ARCHIVES
(Daily Humor Posts, Digests, and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports)

These are the current sites for the archives:

Pre-June 2017 (Available to the public)
http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1

Post-June 2017 (Members only)
https://archives.simplelists.com/thehumorlist

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
The Humor List on Facebook US ON FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/The-Humor-List-241979695844031/

FOLLOW US ON The Humor List on Twitter
https://twitter.com/The_Humor_List

DOUG'S TRADITIONAL HUMOR CONTRIBUTION
And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. This is my contribution of Humor from the Archives:

This joke is joke #3 in the Digest For 10/03/2015
From: Paul Benoit
Subject: Be Careful What You Ask For

Satan was complaining bitterly to God:
"You made the world so that it was not fair ... you made it so that most people would have to struggle every day, fight against their innate wishes and desires, and deal with all sorts of losses, grief, disasters, and catastrophes. Yet people worship and adore you. People fight, get arrested, cheat each other and on each other, and I get blamed even when it is not my fault. Sure, I'm evil, but give me a break. Can't you do something to make them stop blaming me?"

And so God created lawyers.

Doug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archivist
Submitted by: Sandy (AKA MsSam): Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop", in Doug's absence.

MONTHLY POST INDEXES