7. Countries Information
8. Monthly "Top Contributors"
9. Humor List Goals
10. The 9 Basic Rules
11. Subscribing Instructions
12. Coming Changes
13. Finding the Archives
14. Follow us on Social Media
15. Doug's Traditional Humor Contribution
14. The Humor List Website Navigation

WELCOME TO THE MONTH OF: AUGUST 2017
Hi, everyone, this is Doug (and Sandy), with this month's Traffic Report - our first month as a subscriber-supported group! Once a month, during the first part of the month, the Traffic Report is usually posted to the entire humor list. Last month we tried something a little different - posting it to our website and providing everyone a link! The format for the Traffic Report is still being modified, as there are a lot of changes still being made to everything - from our website, the Archive and this format. We appreciate your patience during these transitions!

The 2 most current months of Traffic Reports will be posted on our main website, with a link available on the Traffic Report Index and here, until they are transferred to this portion of the Archives.

PREVIEW OF COMING ATTRACTIONS?
It's our hope to be adding a "Search" feature to the Digest pages this next month - making our nearly 9,000 pages of past contributions more available to site visitors. Once accomplished, our focus will be getting our site listed on more of the bigger Internet search programs. (A BIG thanks to Larry Randall for his help researching search programs!)

** CONTRIBUTORS' TIP **
To keep the SimpleList footer from running into your humor submission, leave 2-3 empty lines at the end of your email text.

THE HUMOR LIST STAFF IS COMPRISED OF:
Sandy (AKA MsSam): Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop" - admin1@thehumorlist.us
Doug Harter: Assistant Admin, Archivist, and Traffic Reporter - traffic@thehumorlist.us
Maurizio Mariotti: Twitter Account Management - twitter@thehumorlist.us
Bill Edwards: Founder and List-Owner Emeritus
Back to Top

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ==

BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR
Everyone subscribing to The Humor List is encouraged to become a Contributor. Send your humor to thehumorlist@simplelists.com.

- Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until they can demonstrate an understanding and compliance of The Rules
- You will not immediately see your posts (if you receive individual postings) until they are approved by Doug or Sandy.

Total Jokes Submitted (236)
WEEK SUN MON TUES WED THUR  FRI SAT
#1 - - 9 5 8 7 6
#2 6 8 8 6 10 10 7
#3 5 6 6 5 7 8 6
#4 10 7 10 7 9 9 7
#5 8 9 10 10 8 - -

Total Contributors Submitting
WEEK SUN MON TUES WED THUR FRI SAT
#1 - - 9 5 8 7 6
#2 5 7 8 6 9 6 7
#3 5 6 6 5 6 8 6
#4 7 7 10 7 9 8 7
#5 6 9 9 9 8 - -

Statistical Comparisons
  Aug 2017 Jul 2017 Aug 2016 Aug 2015
# Jokes for the Month: 237 208 122 160
# Days of submissions for the Month: 31 31 31 31
# Average Jokes per day for the Month: 7.6 6.7 4 5
# Contributors for the Month: 19 16 4 5
# Total Contributors: 21 22 Not Available 5
# New Subscribers for the Month: 5 87 Not Available 3
# Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 1 20 1 4
# Subscribers at end of the Month: 238 234 Not Available 1479
# Countries at end of the Month: Not Available Not Available Not Available 41

The above statistics are based on addresses registered to our Listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers.

THE HUMOR LIST IS SENT DAILY TO THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES:
Argentine, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cocos Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Micronesia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, and the USA.

The countries list is generated from the last part of your email address. If your address doesn't end with a country name, it is assumed to be from the USA.

TOP 15 CONTRIBUTORS
*Contributed every day of the available month!

This shows the Contributors sending the most daily contributions of Humor each month.
Top 15 Contributors from 8/01/2017 to 8/31/2017
*Bill Eagle 31
*Sandy (AKA MsSam) 31
*George Matyjewicz 31
Lee Bradley 30
Maurizio Mariotti 26
March Warn 13
Admin1 13
Grady Lacy 8
Paul Benoit 7
Roger Hyman (ADodger) 7
Jim Mica 6
Phil G 5
Anna Welander 2
Larry Randall 2
Randall Woodman 2
Lanny Julian 2
Bob Bragner (RLB) 2
1 Submission Each: Ray Powell, Mickey Hennigan, Traffic Reporter
Monthly Data
Yearly Data

HUMOR GOALS:
A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor.
Protection of sensitivities for readers (Subject Line Warning Requirement).

THE HUMOR LIST 9 BASIC RULES (here's the simplified version):
1) Six rules protect HUMOR members from excessive traffic.
Only substantial examples of humor should be posted.
Discussion, requests, criticisms, questions should not be posted.
No personal attacks.
Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines. No ASCII files. No signature file preferred.
NO SPAMMING! A spammer will receive one warning before they are deleted and blocked. This is that one warning!
NO links or attached files - with the exception of official business by the administrators.

2) Three rules protect HUMOR from complaints.
Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.

A CONTRIBUTOR WHO REPEATEDLY VIOLATES THE RULES, AFTER BEING WARNED, WILL BE SUSPENDED.

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: admin1@thehumorlist.us
Full list of Rules: http://thehumorlist.us/rules.htm

SUBSCRIBING INSTRUCTIONS:
1) http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

2) After payment through PayPal, you will be directed back to the Humor List website. Because PayPal and SimpleLists are not directly connected, there is a second step that must be completed. Please continue by adding your subscription information to the SimpleLists form.

3) One of the factors in deciding to allow SimpleLists to become our new mailing list service was their strict anti-spamming policy. After completing the SimpleLists form, you will be sent a "Confirmation Request" email with a confirmation link. Be sure to confirm your email address. If a subscriber has not "confirmed" their email address - SimpleLists will not allow us to include their email address when the subscriber-supported list begins August 1, 2017.

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017
The Humor List became a subscriber-supported list, with our list-mailing service being managed through SimpleLists. New information is now available for subscriptions, 12 months of current archives, and account management. We also have pages on both Facebook and Twitter.

SUBSCRIBE: The most current information, prices, and possible specials, will be posted on our website. We only accept PayPal for membership fees.

TO BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER: http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

TO CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS: http://archives.simplelists.com/

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE HUMOR LIST: Individualized link included on every email subscribers received.

24-HOUR POSTING TIMES FOR DIGESTS: Midnight to midnight, PDT (UTC minus 08 hours) and 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST  (UTC minus 07 hours).

FINDING THE ARCHIVES
(Daily Humor Posts, Digests, and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports)

These are the current sites for the archives:

Pre-June 2017 (Available to the public)
http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1

Post-June 2017 (Members only)
https://archives.simplelists.com/thehumorlist

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
The Humor List on Facebook US ON FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/The-Humor-List-241979695844031/

FOLLOW US ON The Humor List on Twitter
https://twitter.com/The_Humor_List

DOUG'S TRADITIONAL HUMOR CONTRIBUTION
And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. This is my contribution of Humor from the Archives:

This joke is joke #6 in the Digest For 9/01/2015
From: Anna Welander
Subject: You'd Better Pay Attention Cat Owners

Signs that your cat is hanging around with the wrong crowd:

One day, without your permission, he gets his ears pierced.

Your credit card is overcharged, mainly for "9-Lives."

You find attached to the refrigerator a note that reads:"Leave a steak on the front porch at midnight, or you'll never see Spot again."

Too many times a week your cat comes home after one in the morning, totally plastered and with a strong odor of catnip about him.

You come home to catch him in the act of raiding your liquor cabinet.

Several hundred dollars' worth of phone calls appear on your phone bill to "1-900-PUSSYCAT-MEOW."

You find out that the lifetime's supply of cat food wasn't a prize from "Kitten's Life" magazine, but that your cat has been selling drugs in the neighborhood.

After failing to get your attention with constant meows and by rubbing up against your leg, your cat pulls out his Magnum-44 and aims it at you, demanding, "Friskies" and catnip.

Doug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archivist
Submitted by: Sandy (AKA MsSam): Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop", in Doug's absence.

MONTHLY POST INDEXES