5. Countries Information
6. Monthly "Top Contributors"
7. Humor List Goals
8. The 9 Basic Rules
9. Subscribing Instructions
10. Coming Changes
11. Finding the Archives
12. Follow us on Social Media
13. Doug's Traditional Humor Contribution
14. The Humor List Website Navigation

WELCOME TO THE MONTH OF: June 2017
Hi, everyone, this is Doug (and Sandy), with this month's Traffic Report. Once a month, during the first part of the month, the Traffic Report is posted to the entire humor list. This month has definitely been confusing, although exciting, as we recover from being hacked earlier this year and move forward to a subscriber-supported list. This is not the regular format for the Traffic Report, as there are a lot of changes being made to everything from our website to this format. Bear with us during these transitions!

The 2 most current months of Traffic Reports will be posted on our main website, with a link available on the Traffic Report Index and here, until they are transferred to this portion of the Archives.

THE HUMOR LIST STAFF IS COMPRISED OF:
Sandy (AKA MsSam): Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop" - admin1@thehumorlist.us
Doug Harter: Assistant Admin, Archivist, and Traffic Reporter - traffic@thehumorlist.us
Maurizio Mariotti: Twitter Account Management - twitter@thehumorlist.us
Bill Edwards: Founder and List-Owner Emeritus
Back to Top

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ==

BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR
Everyone subscribing to The Humor List is encouraged to become a Contributor. Send your humor to thehumorlist@simplelists.com.

- Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until they can demonstrate an understanding and compliance of The Rules
- You will not immediately see your posts (if you receive individual postings) until they are approved by Doug or Sandy.

Total Jokes Submitted (159)
WEEK SUN MON TUES WED THUR  FRI SAT
#1 - - - - 0 0 3
#2 5 5 4 3 3 8 6
#3 6 7 7 8 5 9 5
#4 6 5 5 6 6 6 5
#5 5 5 5 10 4 7 -

Total Contributors Submitting
WEEK SUN MON TUES WED THUR FRI SAT
#1 - - - - 0 0 3
#2 4 5 4 3 3 7 5
#3 6 7 7 6 5 6 5
#4 5 5 5 6 6 5 5
#5 4 5 5 9 4 6 -

Statistical Comparisons
  Jun 2017 May 2017 Jun 2016 Jun 2015
# Jokes for the Month: 159 44 119 130
# Days of submissions for the Month: 28 31 30 30
# Average Jokes per day for the Month: 5.6 5 4 4
# Contributors for the Month: 15 9 8 12
# Total Contributors: 21 Not Available 11 17
# New Subscribers for the Month: (New List) 147 3 Not Available Not Available
# Total Subscribers: (New List) 147 Not Available Not Available Not Available
# Members Unsubscribed for the Month: (Old List) 67 Not Available 3 5
# Non-Concealed Subscribers at end of the Month: (Old List) 1243 1461 1469 1482
# Contributors at end of the Month: 12 12 11 17
# Countries at end of the Month: 41 41 41 41

The above statistics are based on addresses registered to our Listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers.

THE HUMOR LIST IS SENT DAILY TO THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES:
Argentine, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cocos Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Micronesia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, and the USA.

The countries list is generated from the last part of your email address. If your address doesn't end with a country name, it is assumed to be from the USA.

TOP 15 CONTRIBUTORS
*Contributed every day of the available month!

This shows the Contributors sending the most daily contributions of Humor each month.
Top 15 Contributors from 6/3/2017 to 6/30/2017
*Sandy (AKA MsSam) 28
Bill Eagle 25
Lee Bradley 22
Maurizio Mariotti 22
George Matyjewicz 17
Paul Benoit 8
Anna Welander 7
Grady Lacy 4
Phil G 3
Lanny Julian 3
Richard Nehrbass 2
March Warn 2
1 Submission Each: Doug Harter, Roger Hyman, Larry Randall
Monthly Data
Yearly Data

HUMOR GOALS:
A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor.
Protection of sensitivities for readers (Subject Line Warning Requirement).

THE HUMOR LIST 9 BASIC RULES (here's the simplified version):
1) Six rules protect HUMOR members from excessive traffic.
Only substantial examples of humor should be posted.
Discussion, requests, criticisms, questions should not be posted.
No personal attacks.
Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines. No ASCII files. No signature file preferred.
NO SPAMMING! A spammer will receive one warning before they are deleted and blocked. This is that one warning!
NO links or attached files - with the exception of official business by the administrators.

2) Three rules protect HUMOR from complaints.
Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.

A CONTRIBUTOR WHO REPEATEDLY VIOLATES THE RULES, AFTER BEING WARNED, WILL BE SUSPENDED.

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: admin1@thehumorlist.us
Full list of Rules: http://thehumorlist.us/rules.htm

SUBSCRIBING INSTRUCTIONS:
1) http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

2) After payment through PayPal, you will be directed back to the Humor List website. Because PayPal and SimpleLists are not directly connected, there is a second step that must be completed. Please continue by adding your subscription information to the SimpleLists form.

3) One of the factors in deciding to allow SimpleLists to become our new mailing list service was their strict anti-spamming policy. After completing the SimpleLists form, you will be sent a "Confirmation Request" email with a confirmation link. Be sure to confirm your email address. If a subscriber has not "confirmed" their email address - SimpleLists will not allow us to include their email address when the subscriber-supported list begins August 1, 2017.

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017
The Humor List became a subscriber-supported list, with our list-mailing service being managed through SimpleLists. New information is now available for subscriptions, 12 months of current archives, and account management. We also have pages on both Facebook and Twitter.

SUBSCRIBE: The most current information, prices, and possible specials, will be posted on our website. We only accept PayPal for membership fees.

TO BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER: http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

TO CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS: http://archives.simplelists.com/

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE HUMOR LIST: Individualized link included on every email subscribers received.

24-HOUR POSTING TIMES FOR DIGESTS: Midnight to midnight, PDT (UTC minus 08 hours) and 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST  (UTC minus 07 hours).

FINDING THE ARCHIVES
(Daily Humor Posts, Digests, and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports)

These are the current sites for the archives:

Pre-June 2017 (Available to the public)
http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1

Post-June 2017 (Members only)
https://archives.simplelists.com/thehumorlist

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
The Humor List on Facebook US ON FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/The-Humor-List-241979695844031/

FOLLOW US ON The Humor List on Twitter
https://twitter.com/The_Humor_List

DOUG'S TRADITIONAL HUMOR CONTRIBUTION
And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. This is my contribution of Humor from the Archives:

This joke is joke #18 in the Digest For 7/01/2015
From: George Matyjewicz
Subject: The Funniest Joke Ever

According to an actual scientific survey of people's reaction to jokes, this is the funniest joke every told:

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed.

The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?"

The operator says, "Calm down. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead."

There is a silence, then a gunshot is heard.

Back on the phone, the guy says, "OK, now what?"

Doug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archivist
Submitted by: Sandy (AKA MsSam): Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop", in Doug's absence.

MONTHLY POST INDEXES