5. Countries Information
6. Number Submissions By Hour
7. Top 7 Contributors
8. HumorList Information
9. Subscribing Information
10 Changes - August 2017

11. Contribution of Humor
12. Site Navigation

Hi, everyone, this is Doug, with this month's Traffic Report. Once a month, during the first part of the month, I send the report to the entire HUMOR list. Welcome to the month of May, 2017. If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: comments@thehumorlist.us On all reports, the totals are for 'days submitted' and not for the actual number of jokes submitted. Although more than one joke may be submitted per day, for the 'Daily Submission' count, only one submission per day is countable for these totals. Submission dates are based upon Eastern Time.

May was a very complicated month. Between our original server being hacked and the transition to SimpleLists, posts were only allowed for a short time period. Per the request of the server host, the Admin staff requested that all posts cease after May 9, 2017, until we were fully set up on a new mailing list program. Although there were several posts after that date and they were included with our Daily Digests - they were NOT used to calculate daily contributions. To fill in the holes left due to the posting restrictions, posts made to our Facebook site were used to complete the monthly digests. Those inclusions were NOT used to calculate daily contributions either.

This is the Main Index, with current links for the archives - with HTML copies of Digests and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports: http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1/index.php

Anyone subscribing to HumorList may post if they wish. Send your humor to: thehumorlist@simplelists.us
- Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until you can abide by The Rules.
- You will not see your posts (if you get individual postings) until they are approved.

Traffic Report for May 2017

Week Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1   5 4 6 7 4 8
2 3 4 3 0 0 0 0
3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
5 0 0 0 0

  May 2017 Apr 2017 May 2016 May 2015
# Jokes for the Month: 44 161 149 153
# Days of submissions for the Month: 9 30 31 31
# Average Jokes per day for the Month: 4.8 5 5 5
# Contributors for the Month: 7 9 10 13
# New Subscribers for the Month: Not Available 3 Not Available Not Available
# Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 3 Not Available 4 1
# Non-Concealed Subscribers at end of the Month: 1461 1464 1472 1485
# Contributors at end of the Month: 10 12 12 18
# Countries at end of the Month: 41 41 41 41

The above statistics are based on addresses registered to our Listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers.

The HumorList is sent daily to the following countries:
Argentine, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cocos Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Micronesia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, and the USA.

The countries list is generated from the last part of your email address. If your address doesn't end with a country name, it is assumed to be from the USA.

Number Submissions By Hour
00-11 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 9 4
12-23 7 2 2 3 1 4 0 0 0 0 0 0

And now, the Top 7 Contributors
This will show you which Contributors are sending the most daily contributions of Humor each month. Those who are posting every day are noted.
Top 7 Contributors from 5/1/2017 to 5/9/2017 (Server down after May 9th)
* Paul Benoit 9
* Sandy (AKA MsSam) 9
* George Matyjewicz 9
Maurizio Mariotti 7
Lee Bradley 2
Ray Powell 2
Grady Lacy 1

* - Contributed Every Digest/Day

The Humor staff is comprised of:
SANDY (Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop")
    admin1@thehumorlist.us
DOUG (The Technical Guru that holds us together, Archivist, and Traffic Reporter)
    traffic@thehumorlist.us

Bill Edwards, Founder and Listowner Emeritus

HUMOR GOALS: A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor.
Protection of sensitivities for readers (heading warning requirement).

HUMOR CONTRIBUTOR RULES (brief version):
Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.
Only substantial examples of verbal humor should be posted.
Discussion, requests, and criticisms are not to be posted.
No personal attacks, apologies, reactions or retractions.
Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines; No ASCII art or signature file.
NO SPAMMING! A spammer will receive one warning before they are deleted and blocked. This is that one warning!
NO links or attached files - with the exception of official business by the administrators.

A CONTRIBUTOR WHO REPEATEDLY VIOLATES THE RULES, AFTER BEING WARNED, WILL BE SUSPENDED.

SUBSCRIBING INSTRUCTIONS:
1) http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

2) The one-time subscriber fee is now $14.95 for one email address or $19.95 for two email addresses.

3) After payment through PayPal, you will be directed back to the Humor List website. Because PayPal and SimpleLists are not directly connected, there is a second step that must be completed. Please continue by adding your subscription information to the SimpleLists form.

4) One of the factors in deciding to allow SimpleLists to become our new mailing list service was their strict anti-spamming policy. After completing the SimpleLists form, you will be sent a "Request to join mailing list thehumorlist@simplelists.com" email with a confirmation link. Be sure to confirm your email address. If a subscriber has not "confirmed" their email address - SimpleLists will not allow us to include their email address for daily mailings.

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017
The Humor List became a subscriber-supported list, with our list-mailing service being managed through SimpleLists. New information is now available for subscriptions, 12 months of current archives, and account management. We also have pages on both Facebook and Twitter.

SUBSCRIBE: The most current information, prices, and possible specials, will be posted on our website. We only accept PayPal for membership fees.

TO BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER: http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

TO CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS: http://archives.simplelists.com/

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE HUMOR LIST: Individualized link included on every email subscribers received.

TO FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/The-Humor-List-241979695844031/

TO FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/search?q=the_humor_list&src=typd

CONTRIBUTORS - SUBMIT POSTS TO: thehumorlist@simplelists.com

24-HOUR POSTING TIMES FOR DIGESTS: Midnight to midnight, PDT (UTC minus 08 hours) and 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST  (UTC minus 07 hours).

And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. This is my contribution of Humor from the Archives:

This joke is joke #4 in the Digest For 3/28/1996
From: Ken Brousseau Sr.
Subject: Bubba's Sex Problem <adult>

The psychologist was giving Bubba some personality tests. He drew a vertical line and asked, "What does this make you think of?"

"Sex," said Bubba.

Next the psychologist drew a circle."And what does this make you think of?"

"Sex," said Bubba again.

The psychologist drew a star. "And this?"

"Why, sex of course," Bubba said.

The psychologist put down his pencil. "In my opinion," he said, "you have an obsession about sex."

"What do mean, "I" have an obsession!!" protested Bubba. "WHO'S been drawing the dirty pictures?"

 Doug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archivist

MONTHLY POST INDEXES