4. Traffic Report
5. Countries Information
6. Number Submissions By Hour
7. Top 15 Contributors
8. HumorList Information
9 Changes - August 2017
10. Contribution of Humor
11. Site Navigation

Hi, everyone, this is Doug, with this month's Traffic Report. Once a month, during the first part of the month, I send the report to the entire HUMOR list. Welcome to the month of January, 2017. If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: comments@thehumorlist.us On all reports, the totals are for 'days submitted' and not for the actual number of jokes submitted. Although more than one joke may be submitted per day, for the 'Daily Submission' count, only one submission per day is countable for these totals. Submission dates are based upon Eastern Time.

Current Traffic Reports will be posted on our main website, with a link available on the Traffic Report Index and here, until they are transferred to this portion of the Archives.

This is the Main Index, with current links for the archives - with HTML copies of Digests and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports: http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1/index.php

Anyone subscribing to HumorList may post if they wish. Send your humor to: thehumorlist@simplelists.us
- Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until you can abide by The Rules.
- You will not see your posts (if you get individual postings) until they are approved.

Traffic Report for January 2017

Week Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 5 6 8 6 4 5 6
2 5 8 4 8 6 5 5
3 4 5 6 6 5 6 3
4 5 5 6 5 5 4 4
5 8 6 4

  Jan 2017 Dec 2016 Jan 2016 Jan 2015
# Jokes for the Month: 167 187 139 180
# Days of submissions for the Month: 31 31 31 31
# Average Jokes per day for the Month: 5 6 4 5
# Contributors for the Month: 12 11 13 14
# New Subscribers for the Month: 2 1 3 2
# Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 1 4 3 3
# Non-Concealed Subscribers at end of the Month: 1461 1460 1477 1499
# Contributors at end of the Month: 5 13 7 17
# Countries at end of the Month: 41 41 41 44

The above statistics are based on addresses registered to our Listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers.

The HumorList is sent daily to the following countries:
Argentine, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cocos Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Micronesia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, and the USA.

The countries list is generated from the last part of your email address. If your address doesn't end with a country name, it is assumed to be from the USA.

Number Submissions By Hour
00-11 30 1 2 1 1 0 2 7 4 4 12 24
12-23 31 4 10 7 10 8 1 1 2 2 2 2

And now, the Top 12 Contributors
This will show you which Contributors are sending the most daily contributions of Humor each month. Those who are posting every day are noted.
Top 12 Contributors from 1/1/2017 to 1/31/2017
*Sandy (AKA MsSam) 31
*George Matyjewicz 31
Maurizio Mariotti 30
Paul Bemoit 26
Mickey Hennigan 12
Lee Bradley 6
Lanny Julian 6
Grady Lacy 6
Ray Powell 5
Richard Nehrbass 3
Stan Kegel 1
Phil G 1
* - Contributed Every Digest/Day

The Humor staff is comprised of:
SANDY (Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop")
    admin1@thehumorlist.us
DOUG (The Technical Guru that holds us together, Archivist, and Traffic Reporter)
    traffic@thehumorlist.us

Bill Edwards, Founder and Listowner Emeritus

HUMOR GOALS: A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor.
Protection of sensitivities for readers (heading warning requirement).

HUMOR CONTRIBUTOR RULES (brief version):
Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.
Only substantial examples of verbal humor should be posted.
Discussion, requests, and criticisms are not to be posted.
No personal attacks, apologies, reactions or retractions.
Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines; No ASCII art or signature file.
NO SPAMMING! A spammer will receive one warning before they are deleted and blocked. This is that one warning!
NO links or attached files - with the exception of official business by the administrators.

A CONTRIBUTOR WHO REPEATEDLY VIOLATES THE RULES, AFTER BEING WARNED, WILL BE SUSPENDED.

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017
The Humor List became a subscriber-supported list, with our list-mailing service being managed through SimpleLists. New information is now available for subscriptions, 12 months of current archives, and account management. We also have pages on both Facebook and Twitter.

SUBSCRIBE: The most current information, prices, and possible specials, will be posted on our website. We only accept PayPal for membership fees.

TO BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER: http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

TO CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS: http://archives.simplelists.com/

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE HUMOR LIST: Individualized link included on every email subscribers received.

TO FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/The-Humor-List-241979695844031/

TO FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/search?q=the_humor_list&src=typd

CONTRIBUTORS - SUBMIT POSTS TO: thehumorlist@simplelists.com

24-HOUR POSTING TIMES FOR DIGESTS: Midnight to midnight, PDT (UTC minus 08 hours) and 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST  (UTC minus 07 hours).

And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. This is my contribution of Humor from the Archives:

This joke is joke # 2 in the Digest For 11/25/2006
From: Sandy - AKA MsSam
Subject: November 25th - Storm of the Century

Today is the 329th day of the year, with only 36 days remaining in 2006.

CELEBRATING TODAY: Storm of the Century
November 1950, one of the greatest windstorms on record battered the Northeast, record cold shivered much of the central United States and the South, and a major blizzard buried the states along the Appalachian Mountains with up to five feet of snow. Today, this "Appalachian Storm" remains the greatest snowstorm on record for the western Appalachians. The storm's heaviest snowfall began falling on November 25, 1950 and lasted until November 27. Blizzard-like conditions made travel impossible; streets were clogged with several feet of snow. Nearly 30 inches of snow blanketed Pittsburgh; almost two feet covered Cleveland. West Virginia, western Pennsylvania and eastern Ohio all saw snowfall totals greater than 30 inches. (http://www.weather.com/newscenter/specialreports/sotc/storm8/page1.html)

AN OLD HOME
We purchased an old home in Northern New York State from two elderly sisters. Winter was fast approaching and I was concerned about the house's lack of insulation. "If they could live here all those years, so can we!" my husband confidently declared.

One November night the temperature plunged to below zero, and we woke up to find interior walls covered with frost. My husband called the sisters to ask how they had kept the house warm. After a rather brief conversation, he hung up.

"For the past 30 years," he muttered, "they've gone to Florida for the winter."

oug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archivist

MONTHLY POST INDEXES