4. Traffic Report
5. Countries Information
6. Number Submissions By Hour
7. Top 13 Contributors
8. HumorList Information
9 Changes - August 2017
10. Contribution of Humor
11. Site Navigation

Hi, everyone, this is Doug, with this month's traffic report. Once a month, during the first part of the month, I send the report to the entire HUMOR list. Welcome to the month of June, 2016.

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: comments@thehumorlist.us On any reports, the totals are for 'days submitted' and not for the actual number of jokes submitted. Submission dates are based upon Eastern Time. Although more than one joke may be submitted per day, for the 'Daily Submission' count, only one submission per day is countable for these totals..

This is the Main Index, with current links for the archives - with HTML copies of Digests and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports: http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1/index.php

(Updated: January 2017)

Anyone subscribing to HumorList may post if they wish. Send your humor to: thehumorlist@simplelists.us
- Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until you can abide by The Rules.
- You will not see your posts (if you get individual postings) until they are approved.

Traffic Report for June 2016
Week Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat
1       4 6 6 4
2 3 10 8 4 3 3 4
3 4 3 5 5 4 4 3
4 2 3 4 4 3 3 4
5 3 5 3 5 4

  Jun 2016 May 2016 Jun 2015 Jun 2014
# Jokes for the Month: 119 149 130 165
# Days of submissions for the Month: 30 31 30 30
# Average Jokes per day for the Month: 4 5 4 6
# Contributors for the Month: 8 10 12 13
# New Subscribers for the Month: * * 2 3
# Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 3 4 5 2
# Non-Concealed Subscribers at end of the Month: 1469 1472 1482 1511
# Contributors at end of the Month: 11 12 17 17
# Countries at end of the Month: 41 41 41 42

The above statistics are based on addresses registered to our Listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers.

The HumorList is sent daily to the following countries:
Argentine, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cocos Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Micronesia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, and the USA.

The countries list is generated from the last part of your email address. If your address doesn't end with a country name, it is assumed to be from the USA.

Number Submissions By Hour
00-11 0 0 1 0 1 2 21 11 6 3 13 9
12-23 22 6 11 6 3 5 0 1 0 0 4 1

And now, the Top 15 Contributors
This will show you which Contributors are sending the most daily contributions of Humor each month. Those who are posting every day are noted.
Top 9 Contributors from 6/1/2016 to 6/30/2016
* Paul Benoit 30
* George Matyjewicz 30
Maurizio Mariotti 25
Mickey Hennigan 12
Grady Lacy 10
Lee Bradley 5
Stan Kegel 3
Lanny Julian 2
HumorList Traffic Reporter 1
* - Contributed Every Digest/Day

The Humor staff is comprised of:
SANDY (Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop")
    admin1@thehumorlist.us
DOUG (The Technical Guru that holds us together, Archivist, and Traffic Reporter)
    traffic@thehumorlist.us

Bill Edwards, Founder and Listowner Emeritus

HUMOR GOALS: A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor.
Protection of sensitivities for readers (heading warning requirement).

HUMOR CONTRIBUTOR RULES (brief version):
Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.
Only substantial examples of verbal humor should be posted.
Discussion, requests, and criticisms are not to be posted.
No personal attacks, apologies, reactions or retractions.
Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines; No ASCII art or signature file.
NO SPAMMING! A spammer will receive one warning before they are deleted and blocked. This is that one warning!
NO links or attached files - with the exception of official business by the administrators.

A CONTRIBUTOR WHO REPEATEDLY VIOLATES THE RULES, AFTER BEING WARNED, WILL BE SUSPENDED.

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017
The Humor List became a subscriber-supported list, with our list-mailing service being managed through SimpleLists. New information is now available for subscriptions, 12 months of current archives, and account management. We also have pages on both Facebook and Twitter.

SUBSCRIBE: The most current information, prices, and possible specials, will be posted on our website. We only accept PayPal for membership fees.

TO BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER: http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

TO CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS: http://archives.simplelists.com/

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE HUMOR LIST: Individualized link included on every email subscribers received.

TO FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/The-Humor-List-241979695844031/

TO FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/search?q=the_humor_list&src=typd

CONTRIBUTORS - SUBMIT POSTS TO: thehumorlist@simplelists.com

24-HOUR POSTING TIMES FOR DIGESTS: Midnight to midnight, PDT (UTC minus 08 hours) and 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST  (UTC minus 07 hours).

And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. This is my contribution of Humor from the Archives:

-This joke is joke # 2 in the Digest For 3/24/2000
From: John Vogel
Subject: Top5 - 3/24/00 - Changes in the New German "Muppets"

Today's guest moderator is none other than the illustrious Craig Stacey of Romeoville, IL!

A German media group, which last month bought out Jim Henson Company and the rights to its Muppet creations, announced plans to revive the children's TV show, "The Muppets."
Will there be any changes? You betcha!

The Top 13 Changes in the New German "Muppets"

[ The Top 5 List www.topfive.com ]
[ Copyright 2000 by Chris White ]

13. In a surprise attack, Fraggle Rock is bombed back to the Stone Age.

12. Dr. Bunsen Honeydew placed on trial for crimes against Beaker.

11. Fozzie Bear is replaced with a fuel-efficient, clockwork ursine apparatus which VILL BE FUNNY!

10. Whenever Miss Piggy speaks in French, Kermit bitch-slaps her.

9. Sam the American Eagle quietly pleased with a calmer, more efficient Muppet Show.

8. 25% more luftbaloons!

7. Leather-clad "Fraulein Piggy" seduces the weekly guest soccer star into a live sex act.

6. Kermit forced to give up his lifelong devotion to Scientology.

5. OUT: Purple faces and orange noses
IN: Blonde hair and blue eyes

4. "Now is ze time on Muppets ven ve dance!"

3. They refer to Miss Piggy's dance numbers as "Fatpigmuvhin'"

2. Every show ends with Scooter chugging a boot of warm beer.

and Topfive.com's Number 1 Change in the New German "Muppets"...

1. The bigger the German Muppet, the smaller the German Muppet bathing suit.

Doug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archivist

MONTHLY POST INDEXES