4. Traffic Report
5. Countries Information
6. Number Submissions By Hour
7. Top 13 Contributors
8. HumorList Information
9 Changes - August 2017
10. Contribution of Humor
11. Site Navigation

Hi, everyone, this is Doug, with this month's Traffic Report. Once a month, during the first part of the month, I send the report to the entire HUMOR list. Welcome to the month of January, 2016. If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: comments@thehumorlist.us On all reports, the totals are for 'days submitted' and not for the actual number of jokes submitted. Although more than one joke may be submitted per day, for the 'Daily Submission' count, only one submission per day is countable for these totals. Submission dates are based upon Eastern Time.

Current Traffic Reports will be posted on our main website, with a link available on the Traffic Report Index and here, until they are transferred to this portion of the Archives.

This is the Main Index, with current links for the archives - with HTML copies of Digests and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports: http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1/index.php

(Updated: January 2017)

Anyone subscribing to HumorList may post if they wish. Send your humor to: thehumorlist@simplelists.us
- Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until you can abide by The Rules.
- You will not see your posts (if you get individual postings) until they are approved.

Traffic Report for January 2016

Week Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat
1           3 4
2 3 5 5 7 5 7 6
3 2 5 6 4 8 6 3
4 3 3 6 5 4 6 5
5 3 6 3 4 4 6 3
6 3

  Jan 2016 Dec 2015 Jan 2015 Jan 2014
# Jokes for the Month: 139 148 170 180
# Days of submissions for the Month: 31 31 31 31
# Average Jokes per day for the Month: 4 5 5 6
# Contributors for the Month: 13 10 14 18
# New Subscribers for the Month: 3 1 2 4
# Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 3 2 3 1
# Non-Concealed Subscribers at end of the Month: 1477 1477 1499 1533
# Contributors at end of the Month: 7 13 17 21
# Countries at end of the Month: 41 41 41 44

The above statistics are based on addresses registered to our Listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers.

The HumorList is sent daily to the following countries:
Argentine, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cocos Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Micronesia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, and the USA.

The countries list is generated from the last part of your email address. If your address doesn't end with a country name, it is assumed to be from the USA.

Number Submissions By Hour
00-11 0 0 0 2 8 4 21 10 7 8 7 7
12-23 18 7 6 9 4 4 4 5 5 3 1 3

And now, the Top 15 Contributors
This will show you which Contributors are sending the most daily contributions of Humor each month. Those who are posting every day are noted.
Top 13 Contributors from 1/1/2016 to 1/31/2016
*Paul Benoit 31
George Matyjewicz 29
Maurizio Mariotti 22
Stan Kegel 20
Lee Bradley 8
Lanny Julian 5
Grady Lacy 5
Mickey Hennigan 4
Phil G. 3
Emko Witteveen 2
Richard Nehrbass 1
Richard 1
HumorList Traffic Reporter 1
* - Contributed Every Digest/Day

The Humor staff is comprised of:
SANDY (Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop")
    admin1@thehumorlist.us
DOUG (The Technical Guru that holds us together, Archivist, and Traffic Reporter)
    traffic@thehumorlist.us

Bill Edwards, Founder and Listowner Emeritus

HUMOR GOALS: A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor.
Protection of sensitivities for readers (heading warning requirement).

HUMOR CONTRIBUTOR RULES (brief version):
Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.
Only substantial examples of verbal humor should be posted.
Discussion, requests, and criticisms are not to be posted.
No personal attacks, apologies, reactions or retractions.
Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines; No ASCII art or signature file.
NO SPAMMING! A spammer will receive one warning before they are deleted and blocked. This is that one warning!
NO links or attached files - with the exception of official business by the administrators.

A CONTRIBUTOR WHO REPEATEDLY VIOLATES THE RULES, AFTER BEING WARNED, WILL BE SUSPENDED.

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017
The Humor List became a subscriber-supported list, with our list-mailing service being managed through SimpleLists. New information is now available for subscriptions, 12 months of current archives, and account management. We also have pages on both Facebook and Twitter.

SUBSCRIBE: The most current information, prices, and possible specials, will be posted on our website. We only accept PayPal for membership fees.

TO BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER: http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

TO CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS: http://archives.simplelists.com/

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE HUMOR LIST: Individualized link included on every email subscribers received.

TO FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/The-Humor-List-241979695844031/

TO FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/search?q=the_humor_list&src=typd

CONTRIBUTORS - SUBMIT POSTS TO: thehumorlist@simplelists.com

24-HOUR POSTING TIMES FOR DIGESTS: Midnight to midnight, PDT (UTC minus 08 hours) and 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST  (UTC minus 07 hours).

And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. This is my contribution of Humor from the Archives:

-This joke is joke # 7 in the Digest For 5/24/2005
From: Mickey Hennigan
Subject: Visit <adult>

John decided to visit his friend, Dave, who had just moved into a new high-rise apartment building. As he parked his car and got out, he heard a woman's voice say, "Hi, there, big boy."

Looking up, he saw a gorgeous lady - dressed in a shear negligee, leaning over the railing. "Come on up and see me," she purred.

John wasn't about to pass up an opportunity like that! He took the elevator to the fifth floor, and as he got off - an apartment door opened, and the sexy lady beckoned him toward her. John walked over to the open door.

"I've been waiting for someone like you," the lady said as she slowly unzipped his pants. John's pecker rose swiftly to the occasion, and the lady took it into her hand. Then she gave it a sharp whack with the other hand! John jumped back in alarm.

"What the hell did you do that for?" he cried.
She answered, "That'll teach you to take my parking place!!"
The above I thought was funny and not checked with Snopes to see if real.

Doug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archivist

MONTHLY POST INDEXES