4. Traffic Report
5. Countries Information
6. Number Submissions By Hour
7. Top 13 Contributors
8. HumorList Information
9 Changes - August 2017
10. Contribution of Humor
11. Site Navigation

Hi, everyone, this is Doug, with this month's traffic report. Once a month, during the first part of the month, I send the report to the entire HUMOR list. Welcome to the month of March, 2015.

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: comments@thehumorlist.us On any reports, the totals are for 'days submitted' and not for the actual number of jokes submitted. Submission dates are based upon Eastern Time. Although more than one joke may be submitted per day, for the 'Daily Submission' count, only one submission per day is countable for these totals.

I apparently missed sending out the January Traffic Report, so you are getting two at once. Have a good year!

This is the Main Index, with current links for the archives - with HTML copies of Digests and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports: http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1/index.php

(Updated: January 2018)

Anyone subscribing to HumorList may post if they wish. Send your humor to: thehumorlist@simplelists.us
- Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until you can abide by The Rules.
- You will not see your posts (if you get individual postings) until they are approved.

Traffic Report for March 2015
Week Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat
1 2 6 3 9 8 6 6
2 4 7 3 7 6 10 4
3 3 6 7 5 7 2 5
4 4 5 4 7 4 5 3
5 2 4 5

  Mar 2015 Feb 2015 Mar 2014 Mar 2013
# Jokes for the Month: 160 143 233 174
# Days of submissions for the Month: 31 28 31 31
# Average Jokes per day for the Month: 5 5 8 6
# Contributors for the Month: 13 11 21 22
# New Subscribers for the Month: 1 1 4 13
# Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 5 2 7 50
# Non-Concealed Subscribers at end of the Month: 1494 1498 1522 1605
# Contributors at end of the Month: 17 16 24 19
# Countries at end of the Month: 41 41 43 46

The above statistics are based on addresses registered to our Listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers.

The HumorList is sent daily to the following countries:
Argentine, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cocos Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Micronesia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, and the USA.

The countries list is generated from the last part of your email address. If your address doesn't end with a country name, it is assumed to be from the USA.

Number Submissions By Hour
00-11 1 3 5 10 3 1 3 14 10 14 11 8
12-23 15 6 9 9 8 3 6 5 6 7 2 0

And now, the Top 15 Contributors
This will show you which Contributors are sending the most daily contributions of Humor each month. Those who are posting every day are noted.
Top 13 Contributors from 03/01/2015 to 03/31/2015
* Paul Benoit 31
Maurizio Mariotti 26
George Matyjewicz 24
Stan Kegel 20
Lee Bradley 9
Lanny Julian 9
Anna Welander 8
Richard 6
Phil G 5
Grady Lacy 3
Emko Witteveen 2
Renaud Olgiati 1
HumorList Traffic Reporter 1
* - Contributed Every Digest/Day

The Humor staff is comprised of:
SANDY (Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop")
    admin1@thehumorlist.us
DOUG (The Technical Guru that holds us together, Archivist, and Traffic Reporter)
    traffic@thehumorlist.us

Bill Edwards, Founder and Listowner Emeritus

HUMOR GOALS: A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor.
Protection of sensitivities for readers (heading warning requirement).

HUMOR CONTRIBUTOR RULES (brief version):
Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.
Only substantial examples of verbal humor should be posted.
Discussion, requests, and criticisms are not to be posted.
No personal attacks, apologies, reactions or retractions.
Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines; No ASCII art or signature file.
NO SPAMMING! A spammer will receive one warning before they are deleted and blocked. This is that one warning!
NO links or attached files - with the exception of official business by the administrators.

A CONTRIBUTOR WHO REPEATEDLY VIOLATES THE RULES, AFTER BEING WARNED, WILL BE SUSPENDED.

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017
The Humor List became a subscriber-supported list, with our list-mailing service being managed through SimpleLists. New information is now available for subscriptions, 12 months of current archives, and account management. We also have pages on both Facebook and Twitter.

SUBSCRIBE: The most current information, prices, and possible specials, will be posted on our website. We only accept PayPal for membership fees.

TO BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER: http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

TO CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS: http://archives.simplelists.com/

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE HUMOR LIST: Individualized link included on every email subscribers received.

TO FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/The-Humor-List-241979695844031/

TO FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/search?q=the_humor_list&src=typd

CONTRIBUTORS - SUBMIT POSTS TO: thehumorlist@simplelists.com

24-HOUR POSTING TIMES FOR DIGESTS: Midnight to midnight, PDT (UTC minus 08 hours) and 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST  (UTC minus 07 hours).

And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. This is my contribution of Humor from the Archives:

-This joke is joke # 4 in the Digest For 01/31/2006
From: Stan Kegel
Subject: A Porcine Tale

Pig farmers have never done well in the United States. Most Americans prefer beef to pork. Hamburger is an American favorite but contains no ham.

The porcine raisers were hopeful to see a significant increase in their business after the scares about health over beef, but most of the benefits had gone to the poultry and fish industries, Sale of ham and bacon remained virtually unchanged.

Because of this, The National Porcine Association hired a major Madison Avenue advertising firm to boost sale of pork products. They decided on an intensive campaign to saturate magazines television and radio with ads urging people to eat pork patties.

The campaign was given an extra boost when Congress was convinced to designate the second of February as the day when every family would be urged to eat pork sausage.

That day would be celebrated nationally, of course, as Ground Hog Day. (By Stan Kegel)

Doug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archivist

MONTHLY POST INDEXES