4. Traffic Report
5. Countries Information
6. Number Submissions By Hour
7. Top 13 Contributors
8. HumorList Information
9 Changes - August 2017
10. Contribution of Humor
11. Site Navigation

Hi, everyone, this is Doug, with this month's traffic report. Once a month, during the first part of the month, I send the report to the entire HUMOR list. Welcome to the month of January, 2015.

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: comments@thehumorlist.us On any reports, the totals are for 'days submitted' and not for the actual number of jokes submitted. Submission dates are based upon Eastern Time. Although more than one joke may be submitted per day, for the 'Daily Submission' count, only one submission per day is countable for these totals.

This is the Main Index, with current links for the archives - with HTML copies of Digests and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports: http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1/index.php

(Updated: January 2018)

Anyone subscribing to HumorList may post if they wish. Send your humor to: thehumorlist@simplelists.us
- Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until you can abide by The Rules.
- You will not see your posts (if you get individual postings) until they are approved.

Traffic Report for January 2015
Week Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat
1         4 4 5
2 5 7 6 5 4 4 8
3 5 6 7 7 6 5 4
4 4 7 6 9 5 7 8
5 6 5 4 4 3 4 5

  Jan 2015 Dec 2014 Jan 2014 Jan 2013
# Jokes for the Month: 170 180 180 246
# Days of submissions for the Month: 31 31 31 31
# Average Jokes per day for the Month: 5 6 6 8
# Contributors for the Month: 14 14 18 21
# New Subscribers for the Month: 2 3 4 5
# Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 3 5 1 12
# Non-Concealed Subscribers at end of the Month: 1499 1501 1533 1651
# Contributors at end of the Month: 17 19 21 24
# Countries at end of the Month: 41 42 44 47

The above statistics are based on addresses registered to our Listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers.

The HumorList is sent daily to the following countries:
Argentine, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cocos Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Micronesia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, and the USA.

The countries list is generated from the last part of your email address. If your address doesn't end with a country name, it is assumed to be from the USA.

Number Submissions By Hour
00-11 1 1 0 10 9 1 1 11 16 12 8 10
12-23 23 5 12 7 8 6 8 6 3 10 0 1

And now, the Top 15 Contributors
This will show you which Contributors are sending the most daily contributions of Humor each month. Those who are posting every day are noted.
Top 13 Contributors from 01/01/2015 to 01/31/2015
* Paul Benoit 31
George Matyjewicz 28
Maurizio Mariotti 27
Stan Kegel 17
Anna Welander 15
Lee Bradley 13
Richard 6
Lanny Julian 4
Grady Lacy 3
Emko Witteveen 3
Renaud Olgiati 2
Phil G 2
Mickey Hennigan 1
* - Contributed Every Digest/Day

The Humor staff is comprised of:
SANDY (Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop")
    admin1@thehumorlist.us
DOUG (The Technical Guru that holds us together, Archivist, and Traffic Reporter)
    traffic@thehumorlist.us

Bill Edwards, Founder and Listowner Emeritus

HUMOR GOALS: A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor.
Protection of sensitivities for readers (heading warning requirement).

HUMOR CONTRIBUTOR RULES (brief version):
Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.
Only substantial examples of verbal humor should be posted.
Discussion, requests, and criticisms are not to be posted.
No personal attacks, apologies, reactions or retractions.
Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines; No ASCII art or signature file.
NO SPAMMING! A spammer will receive one warning before they are deleted and blocked. This is that one warning!
NO links or attached files - with the exception of official business by the administrators.

A CONTRIBUTOR WHO REPEATEDLY VIOLATES THE RULES, AFTER BEING WARNED, WILL BE SUSPENDED.

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017
The Humor List became a subscriber-supported list, with our list-mailing service being managed through SimpleLists. New information is now available for subscriptions, 12 months of current archives, and account management. We also have pages on both Facebook and Twitter.

SUBSCRIBE: The most current information, prices, and possible specials, will be posted on our website. We only accept PayPal for membership fees.

TO BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER: http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

TO CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS: http://archives.simplelists.com/

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE HUMOR LIST: Individualized link included on every email subscribers received.

TO FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/The-Humor-List-241979695844031/

TO FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/search?q=the_humor_list&src=typd

CONTRIBUTORS - SUBMIT POSTS TO: thehumorlist@simplelists.com

24-HOUR POSTING TIMES FOR DIGESTS: Midnight to midnight, PDT (UTC minus 08 hours) and 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST  (UTC minus 07 hours).

And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. This is my contribution of Humor from the Archives:

-This joke is joke # 2 in the Digest For 10/09/2004
From: Paul Benoit
Subject: No Respect ...

Rappin' Rodney - 1984
I'm getting old it's hard to face
(no respect, no respect)
Well during sex I lose my place
(no respect, no respect)
Steak and sex my favorite pair
(no respect, no respect)
I have 'em both the same way...very rare
(no respect, no respect)
I know I'm old I could go any minute
(no respect, no respect)
I got a kidney shaped pool with a stone in it
(no respect, no respect)
Doctor Vinnie Boombah that's another one
(no respect, no respect)
I said I wanted to stop aging he gave me a gun
(no respect, no respect)
I told him I got water on the knee
(no respect, no respect)
He gave me a sponge and raised his fee
(whatsamatter rodney?)
Ahhhh, It ain't easy bein' me

RIP Rodney Dangerfield 1921 - 2004

How do you pay your last respects to someone who got no respect?

Doug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archivist

MONTHLY POST INDEXES