4. Traffic Report
5. Countries Information
6. Number Submissions By Hour
7. Top 14 Contributors
8. HumorList Information
9 Changes - August 2017
10. Contribution of Humor
11. Site Navigation

Hi, everyone, this is Doug, with this month's traffic report. Once a month, during the first part of the month, I send the report to the entire HUMOR list. Welcome to the month of December, 2014.

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: comments@thehumorlist.us On any reports, the totals are for 'days submitted' and not for the actual number of jokes submitted. Submission dates are based upon Eastern Time. Although more than one joke may be submitted per day, for the 'Daily Submission' count, only one submission per day is countable for these totals.

This is the Main Index, with current links for the archives - with HTML copies of Digests and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports: http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1/index.php

(Updated: January 2018)

Anyone subscribing to HumorList may post if they wish. Send your humor to: thehumorlist@simplelists.us
- Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until you can abide by The Rules.
- You will not see your posts (if you get individual postings) until they are approved.

Traffic Report for December 2014
Week Sun Mon Tues Wed Thu Fri Sat
1   7 5 5 4 7 4
2 5 5 6 7 5 7 5
3 4 8 8 7 5 12 5
4 5 4 5 5 4 5 4
5 7 8 6 7

  Dec 2014 Nov 2014 Dec 2013 Dec 2012
# Jokes for the Month: 180 187 162 261
# Days of submissions for the Month: 31 30 31 31
# Average Jokes per day for the Month: 6 6 5 8
# Contributors for the Month: 14 14 18 17
# New Subscribers for the Month: 3 * 2 6
# Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 5 2 24 16
# Non-Concealed Subscribers at end of the Month: 1501 1503 1537 1659
# Contributors at end of the Month: 19 19 22 20
# Countries at end of the Month: 42 42 44 48

The above statistics are based on addresses registered to our Listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers.

The HumorList is sent daily to the following countries:
Argentine, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cocos Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Micronesia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, and the USA

The countries list is generated from the last part of your email address. If your address doesn't end with a country name, it is assumed to be from the USA.

Number Submissions By Hour
00-11 1 1 2 11 3 1 3 21 13 13 8 6
12-23 28 9 9 3 7 7 11 2 10 5 5 2

And now, the Top 15 Contributors
This will show you which Contributors are sending the most daily contributions of Humor each month. Those who are posting every day are noted.
Top 14 Contributors from 10/01/2014 to 10/31/2014
* Paul Benoit 31
George Matyjewicz 30
Maurizio Mariotti 25
Stan Kegel 23
Lee Bradley 11
Anna Welander 11
Mickey Hennigan 9
Lanny Julian 6
Phil G 3
Leonard P Topolski 2
Emko Witteveen 2
Sandy (AKA MsSam) 1
Richard 1
HumorList Traffic Reporter 1
* - Contributed Every Digest/Day

The Humor staff is comprised of:
SANDY (Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop")
    admin1@thehumorlist.us
DOUG (The Technical Guru that holds us together, Archivist, and Traffic Reporter)
    traffic@thehumorlist.us

Bill Edwards, Founder and Listowner Emeritus

HUMOR GOALS: A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor.
Protection of sensitivities for readers (heading warning requirement).

HUMOR CONTRIBUTOR RULES (brief version):
Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.
Only substantial examples of verbal humor should be posted.
Discussion, requests, and criticisms are not to be posted.
No personal attacks, apologies, reactions or retractions.
Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines; No ASCII art or signature file.
NO SPAMMING! A spammer will receive one warning before they are deleted and blocked. This is that one warning!
NO links or attached files - with the exception of official business by the administrators.

A CONTRIBUTOR WHO REPEATEDLY VIOLATES THE RULES, AFTER BEING WARNED, WILL BE SUSPENDED.

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017
The Humor List became a subscriber-supported list, with our list-mailing service being managed through SimpleLists. New information is now available for subscriptions, 12 months of current archives, and account management. We also have pages on both Facebook and Twitter.

SUBSCRIBE: The most current information, prices, and possible specials, will be posted on our website. We only accept PayPal for membership fees.

TO BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER: http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

TO CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS: http://archives.simplelists.com/

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE HUMOR LIST: Individualized link included on every email subscribers received.

TO FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/The-Humor-List-241979695844031/

TO FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/search?q=the_humor_list&src=typd

CONTRIBUTORS - SUBMIT POSTS TO: thehumorlist@simplelists.com

24-HOUR POSTING TIMES FOR DIGESTS: Midnight to midnight, PDT (UTC minus 08 hours) and 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST  (UTC minus 07 hours).

And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. This is my contribution of Humor from the Archives:

-This joke is joke # 1 in the Digest For 01/23//2008
From: Bill Stebbins
Subject:  Super Spy

Wolff Kissinger was a spy. He was the bane of the Nazis during World War II. Although they sought him everywhere, they were never able to lay a hand, bullet or poisoned dart on him. The reason they couldn't was that Wolff was a master of disguise.

Once he was an old flower woman, calling out her posies in a quivery voice. Then her bouquet exploded with a deadly cloud and Kissinger's opposite number lay still in the street.

Wolff and his disguises ran the gamut from Oriental merchant to English squire to Portuguese sailor to African tribesman. There was no role he could not play to perfection. His makeup was wondrous and his flair for dialect sheer brilliance.

The top brass of German Intelligence met to see if they could set an unbeatable trap for the Allies' most valuable undercover agent. Despite all their collective knowledge, planning and intelligence, they had no idea at all what guise their quarry would affect next. What could they do? He might just as easily be a Rommel aide or Mussolini's second in command, or an ordinary soldier.

Sighed one of the Nazi leaders as the vexing problem was pondered, "I wonder who's Kissinger now?"

Doug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archivist
January February March April
May June July August
September October November December

MONTHLY POST INDEXES