The Humor List's Home Page

The Humor List's Archived Files

The Humor List's List Owners' Biographies

The Humor List's Members' Rules and Regulations

The Humor List's Frequently Asked Questions

The Humor List's Top Contributors

The Humor List's Search Feature

Traffic Report For November 2014

  1. Introductory Comments
  2. How to Contribute
  3. Archive Information
  4. Traffic Report
  5. Countries Information
  6. Number Submissions By Hour
  7. Top 15 Contributors
  8. HumorList Information
  9. Subscribing To HumorList
  10. Making Changes By Web
  11. Making Changes By Email
  12. Contribution of Humor
  13. Month Index
The Humor List archives are being graciously hosted by Host995

Hi, everyone, this is Doug, with this month's traffic report. Once a month, during the first part of the month, I send the report to the entire HUMOR list. Welcome to the month of November, 2014.

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: comments@thehumorlist.us On any reports, the totals are for 'days submitted' and not for the actual number of jokes submitted. Submission dates are based upon Eastern Time. Although more than one joke may be submitted per day, for the 'Daily Submission' count, only one submission per day is countable for these totals.

Happy holiday season to you all.

Anyone subscribing to HumorList may post if they wish. Send your humor

. Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until you can abide by The Rules . You will not see your posts (if you get individual postings) until they are approved. Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = These are the current sites for the archives:
  • archive.thehumorlist.us (HTML copies of Digests and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports) Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Traffic Report for November 2014 Week Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat 1 8 2 5 4 8 13 4 5 3 3 8 4 7 9 5 6 4 4 3 6 5 5 7 10 2 5 6 9 8 8 6 8 6 6 5 Nov Oct Nov Nov 2014 2014 2013 2012 # Jokes for the Month: 187 174 132 235 # days of submissions for the Month: 30 31 30 30 # Average Jokes per day for the Month: 6 6 4 8 # Contributors for the Month: 14 12 14 18 # New Subscribers for the Month: * * 3 3 # Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 2 1 9 6 # ** Subscribers as of end of the Month: 1503 1504 1555 1669 # Contributors as of end of the Month: 19 16 17 19 # Countries as of end of the month: 42 42 44 48 * - Statistics not available ** - Only Non-Concealed subscribers The above statistics are based on addresses registered to our listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers. Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = The HumorList is sent daily to the following countries: Argentine, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cocos Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Iran, Ireland, Isreal, Italy, Japan, Luzembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Micronesia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africia, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, USA, The countries list is generated from the last part of your email address. If your address doesn't end with a country name, it is assumed to be from the USA. Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Number Submissions By Hour -------------------------- 00 to 11 1 1 6 4 5 1 8 25 8 8 11 5 12 to 23 17 8 2 10 10 3 8 11 18 10 3 4 =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = And now, the Top 15 Contributors. This will show you which Contributors are sending the most contributions of Humor each month. Those who are posting every day are noted. Top 14 Contributors from 11/1/2014 to 11/30/2014 Contributor # Days *Paul Benoit 30 George Matyjewicz 26 Maurizio Mariotti 22 Stan Kegel 20 Anna Welander 18 Lee Bradley 11 Grady Lacy 7 Topolski, Leonard P. 5 Mickey Hennigan 4 Richard 3 Emko Witteveen 3 Doug Harter 3 Lanny Julian 2 Sandy (AKA MsSam) 1 * - Contributed Every Digest/Day Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = The Humor staff is comprised of: Sandy (AKA Ms Sam), Administrator and Support
    Doug Harter, Assistant Admin, Archivist and Traffic Reporter
    Bill Edwards, Founder and Listowner Emeritus HUMOR GOALS A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor. A diversity of humor: sources, forms, subjects. Freedom of expression for contributors. Protection of sensitivities for readers (heading warning requirement). HUMOR CONTRIBUTOR RULES (brief version) Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor. Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive. One contribution per day. Only substantial examples of verbal humor should be posted. Discussion, requests, and criticisms are not to be posted. No personal attacks, apologies, reactions or retractions. Articles should normally be shorter than 25 lines (99 lines max). Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines; No ASCII art or sig file. A contributor who violates the rules may be suspended. Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Subscribe to The Humor List by going to The Humor List Mailing Group , scrolling down to 'Subscribing to Humorlist' and filling in the information. OR Sending an email to
    with 'subscribe' (no quotes) in the Subject or Body of the email. Back to Top - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Making Changes by The Web Each Subscriber gets a Membership Configuration Page where you must sign in with the password you were given when you subscribed. You get to it by going to The Humor List Mailing Group , scrolling down to 'Unsubscribe or edit options' (Under 'Humorlist Subscribers') and filling in your email address. This will take you to another page where you enter your password to get to your Membership Configuration Page. Here are some things that may be done on that page: o Unsubscribe from HumorList o Turn Mail Delivery On/Off o Turn Digest On/Off (Off sends individual postings). o Set a Name for your email address o Change your email address o Change your password 0 Get a password reminder Back to Top - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - You may also make changes by Email by sending an email to
    with one of the following in the Subject or Body of the email (words in () are not needed, they just explain what you can do): o unsubscribe (from HumorList) o set show (Show your current option settings) o help (Returns help on email commands) o set help (Returns help on the Set options) o password (Returns your current password) There are several other things which may be done, but they require that you include your password in the email. Use these options with caution. o password oldpassword newpassword (Changes password) The following must be preceded by the following command: set authenticate password (password is the password you got when you subscribed) o set digest plain (Get Digests in plain text format) o set digest mime (Get Digests in MIME format) o set digest off (Get individual postings o set delivery off (Stops postings or Digests) o set delivery on (Starts postings or Digests again) o set reminders off (Turns off monthly password reminder) o set reminders on (Turns on monthly password reminder) Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. You will either see the joke below or a link to the joke, not the actual joke, although I will provide the Subject line (Topic). Since there are now HTML versions of all Digests, it will point to the joke itself. My contribution of Humor from the Archives:
    • This joke is joke # 1 in the Digest For 10/14/2012
    • The title of the Joke is: Mongolian VD <Adult> (Richard)
    From: Richard
    Subject: Mongolian VD <Adult> (Richard)

    While in China , a man is very sexually promiscuous and does not use a
    condom all the time he is there.

    A week after arriving back home in the States, he wakes one morning to find
    his penis covered with bright green and purple spots.

    Horrified, he immediately goes to see a doctor. The doctor, never having
    seen anything like this before, orders some tests and tells the man to
    return in two days for the results.

    The man returns a couple of days later and the doctor says, 'I've got bad
    news for you, you've contracted Mongolian VD. It's very rare and almost
    unheard of here, we know very little about it.'

    The man looks a little perplexed and says, 'Well, give me a shot or
    something and fix me up, Doc.' The doctor answers, 'I'm sorry, there's no
    known cure. We're going to have to amputate your penis.'

    The man screams in horror, 'Absolutely not! I want a second opinion.' The
    doctor replies, 'Well, it's your choice. Go ahead, if you want but surgery
    is your only choice.'

    The next day, the man seeks out a Chinese doctor, figuring that he'll know
    more about the disease. The Chinese doctor examines his penis and
    proclaims,

    'Ah, yes, Mongolian VD. Vewy ware disease.'

    The guy says to the doctor, 'Yeah, yeah, I already know that but what can
    we do? My American doctor wants to operate and amputate my penis!'

    The Chinese doctor shakes his head and laughs. 'Stupid American docttah,
    always want to opawate. Make more money dat way. No need to amputate!'

    Oh, Thank God!' the man replies.

    'Yes,' says the Chinese doctor, 'wait two weeks. Faw off by itself!'

    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Found in my Inbox, it may or may not be true!

    Laugh often, it's the best medicine!

    Richard Nehrbass

    ------------------------------

    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Doug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archiver

    January February March April
    May June July August
    September October November December
    Back to Top
    Back to Traffic Index
    Back to Main Index

    Web Page Design by Douglas Harter
    Page created using EMacs with ELSE extensions & Visual Basic 6
    If you have any comments or suggestions for additions or deletions to the above items in the page
    email

    To subscribe, visit The Humor List Mailing Group

    OR

    Send an email To
    with
    • subscribe