4. Traffic Report
5. Countries Information
6. Number Submissions By Hour
7. Top 14 Contributors
8. HumorList Information
9 Changes - August 2017
10. Contribution of Humor
11. Site Navigation

Hi, everyone, this is Doug, with this month's traffic report. Once a month, during the first part of the month, I send the report to the entire HUMOR list. Welcome to the month of June, 2014.

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: comments@thehumorlist.us On any reports, the totals are for 'days submitted' and not for the actual number of jokes submitted. Submission dates are based upon Eastern Time. Although more than one joke may be submitted per day, for the 'Daily Submission' count, only one submission per day is countable for these totals.

I finally got that bug in the Traffic Report Top # Contributors fixed. I also fixed the Column Header for that report to accurately show what is being counted. This will correct the Traffic Reports for this year and all the Annual Traffic Reports next time one is run on the web site. I am NOT going to repost any of the reports to The Humor List.

At least something is looking up. For the first time in a LONG time, the number of member adds exceeded member deletes.

This is the Main Index, with current links for the archives - with HTML copies of Digests and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports: http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1/index.php

(Updated: January 2018)

Anyone subscribing to HumorList may post if they wish. Send your humor to: thehumorlist@simplelists.us
- Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until you can abide by The Rules.
- You will not see your posts (if you get individual postings) until they are approved.

Traffic Report for June 2014
Week Sun Mon Tues Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 4 7 4 9 5 5
2 7 5 10 4 6 3 6
3 4 6 6 8 3 7 4
4 5 6 3 9 5 4 8
5 3 5

  Jun 2014 May 2014 Jun 2013 Jun 2012
# Jokes for the Month: 165 174 172 211
# Days of submissions for the Month: 30 31 30 30
# Average Jokes per day for the Month: 6 6 6 7
# Contributors for the Month: 13 12 19 17
# New Subscribers for the Month: 3 1 1 2
# Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 2 2 15 25
# Non-Concealed Subscribers at end of the Month: 1511 1510 1583 1733
# Contributors at end of the Month: 17 16 19 22
# Countries at end of the Month: 42 42 45 48

The above statistics are based on addresses registered to our Listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers.

The HumorList is sent daily to the following countries:
Argentine, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cocos Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Micronesia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, and the USA

The countries list is generated from the last part of your email address. If your address doesn't end with a country name, it is assumed to be from the USA.

Number Submissions By Hour
00-11 0 2 2 8 10 1 1 24 12 10 9 6
12-23 24 8 4 6 9 5 4 2 9 5 4 2

And now, the Top 15 Contributors
This will show you which Contributors are sending the most daily contributions of Humor each month. Those who are posting every day are noted.
Top 14 Contributors from 06/01/2014 to 06/30/2014
Paul Benoit 29
George Matyjewicz 26
Maurizio Mariotti 24
Stan Kegel 20
Lee Bradley 13
Anna Welander 13
Phil G 6
Mickey Hennigan 6
Leonard Topolski 3
Richard 3
Lanny Julian 3
Grady Lacy 3
Sandy (AKA MsSam) 1
HumorList Traffic Reporter 1
* - Contributed Every Digest/Day

The Humor staff is comprised of:
SANDY (Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop")
    admin1@thehumorlist.us
DOUG (The Technical Guru that holds us together, Archivist, and Traffic Reporter)
    traffic@thehumorlist.us

Bill Edwards, Founder and Listowner Emeritus

HUMOR GOALS: A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor.
Protection of sensitivities for readers (heading warning requirement).

HUMOR CONTRIBUTOR RULES (brief version):
Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.
Only substantial examples of verbal humor should be posted.
Discussion, requests, and criticisms are not to be posted.
No personal attacks, apologies, reactions or retractions.
Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines; No ASCII art or signature file.
NO SPAMMING! A spammer will receive one warning before they are deleted and blocked. This is that one warning!
NO links or attached files - with the exception of official business by the administrators.

A CONTRIBUTOR WHO REPEATEDLY VIOLATES THE RULES, AFTER BEING WARNED, WILL BE SUSPENDED.

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017
The Humor List became a subscriber-supported list, with our list-mailing service being managed through SimpleLists. New information is now available for subscriptions, 12 months of current archives, and account management. We also have pages on both Facebook and Twitter.

SUBSCRIBE: The most current information, prices, and possible specials, will be posted on our website. We only accept PayPal for membership fees.

TO BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER: http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

TO CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS: http://archives.simplelists.com/

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE HUMOR LIST: Individualized link included on every email subscribers received.

TO FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/The-Humor-List-241979695844031/

TO FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/search?q=the_humor_list&src=typd

CONTRIBUTORS - SUBMIT POSTS TO: thehumorlist@simplelists.com

24-HOUR POSTING TIMES FOR DIGESTS: Midnight to midnight, PDT (UTC minus 08 hours) and 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST  (UTC minus 07 hours).

And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. This is my contribution of Humor from the Archives:

-This joke is joke # 2 in the Digest For 06/13/2008
From: Sandy (AKA MsSam)
Subject: June 13th - Miranda Decision Anniversary (Adultish)

CELEBRATING TODAY: Miranda Decision Anniversary
In 1966, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Miranda vs. Arizona that suspects had to be informed of their rights before being questioned by police.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

THE REVISED MIRANDA RIGHTS
1. You have the right to swing first. Anything you do can and will lead to an ass-kicking.

2. You have the right to have a priest and/or an EMT present at the time of the ass-kicking.

3. If you don't have a priest, one will be appointed free of charge, to read you your last prayer.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

THE MIRANDA
A female officer arrested a man for drunk driving. She tells the man, "Sir, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be held against you."

The drunk replies, "Boobs!"

TRIGGER GOES TO JAIL: Horse arrest. (WordFoolery)

SNIGLET FOR THE DAY
COP-O-METER: The area of a hazardous material incident defined as the furthest distance from the point of origin that an emergency responder is found laying on the ground..

Doug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archivist
January February March April
May June July August
September October November December

MONTHLY POST INDEXES