4. Traffic Report
5. Countries Information
6. Number Submissions By Hour
7. Top 13 Contributors
8. HumorList Information
9 Changes - August 2017
10. Contribution of Humor
11. Site Navigation

Hi, everyone, this is Doug, with this month's traffic report. Once a month, during the first part of the month, I send the report to the entire HUMOR list. Welcome to the month of March, 2014.

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: comments@thehumorlist.us On any reports, the totals are for 'days submitted' and not for the actual number of jokes submitted. Submission dates are based upon Eastern Time. Although more than one joke may be submitted per day, for the 'Daily Submission' count, only one submission per day is countable for these totals.

Welcome our new Contributors or old Contributors with new Email addresses:
RLB on Cesmail <gezgin@CESMAIL.NET>

This is the Main Index, with current links for the archives - with HTML copies of Digests and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports: http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1/index.php

(Updated: January 2018)

Anyone subscribing to HumorList may post if they wish. Send your humor to: thehumorlist@simplelists.us
- Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until you can abide by The Rules.
- You will not see your posts (if you get individual postings) until they are approved.

Traffic Report for March 2014
Week Sun Mon Tues Wed Thu Fri Sat
1             8
2 9 4 7 5 13 13 8
3 8 6 7 8 6 8 6
4 6 9 9 9 10 5 7
5 9 7 8 7 5 7 8
6 5 8

  Mar 2014 Feb 2014 Mar 2013 Mar 2012
# Jokes for the Month: 233 203 174 196
# Days of submissions for the Month: 31 28 31 31
# Average Jokes per day for the Month: 8 7 6 6
# Contributors for the Month: 21 18 22 14
# New Subscribers for the Month: 4 4 13 5
# Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 7 7 50 3
# Non-Concealed Subscribers at end of the Month: 1522 1524 1605 2105
# Contributors at end of the Month: 24 23 19 30
# Countries at end of the Month: 43 44 46 53

The above statistics are based on addresses registered to our Listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers.

The HumorList is sent daily to the following countries:
Argentine, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cocos Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Micronesia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, and the USA

The countries list is generated from the last part of your email address. If your address doesn't end with a country name, it is assumed to be from the USA.

Number Submissions By Hour
00-11 0 0 3 5 1 5 30 11 17 21 10 11
12-23 31 5 9 12 15 6 8 12 10 7 3 3

And now, the Top 15 Contributors
This will show you which Contributors are sending the most daily contributions of Humor each month. Those who are posting every day are noted.
Top 16 Contributors from 03/01/2014 to 03/31/2014
* Paul Benoit 31
George Matyjewicz 28
Maurizio Mariotti 25
Mickey Hennigan 19
Sandy (AKA MsSam) 17
Lee Bradley 15
Lanny Julian 13
Stan Kegel 12
Grady Lacy 10
Phil G 9
Anna Welander 7
Richard 5
Emko Witteveen 4
Randall Woodman 3
Marsha Coleman 3
HumorList Traffic Reporter 1
* - Contributed Every Digest/Day

The Humor staff is comprised of:
SANDY (Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop")
    admin1@thehumorlist.us
DOUG (The Technical Guru that holds us together, Archivist, and Traffic Reporter)
    traffic@thehumorlist.us

Bill Edwards, Founder and Listowner Emeritus

HUMOR GOALS: A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor.
Protection of sensitivities for readers (heading warning requirement).

HUMOR CONTRIBUTOR RULES (brief version):
Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.
Only substantial examples of verbal humor should be posted.
Discussion, requests, and criticisms are not to be posted.
No personal attacks, apologies, reactions or retractions.
Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines; No ASCII art or signature file.
NO SPAMMING! A spammer will receive one warning before they are deleted and blocked. This is that one warning!
NO links or attached files - with the exception of official business by the administrators.

A CONTRIBUTOR WHO REPEATEDLY VIOLATES THE RULES, AFTER BEING WARNED, WILL BE SUSPENDED.

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017
The Humor List became a subscriber-supported list, with our list-mailing service being managed through SimpleLists. New information is now available for subscriptions, 12 months of current archives, and account management. We also have pages on both Facebook and Twitter.

SUBSCRIBE: The most current information, prices, and possible specials, will be posted on our website. We only accept PayPal for membership fees.

TO BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER: http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

TO CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS: http://archives.simplelists.com/

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE HUMOR LIST: Individualized link included on every email subscribers received.

TO FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/The-Humor-List-241979695844031/

TO FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/search?q=the_humor_list&src=typd

CONTRIBUTORS - SUBMIT POSTS TO: thehumorlist@simplelists.com

24-HOUR POSTING TIMES FOR DIGESTS: Midnight to midnight, PDT (UTC minus 08 hours) and 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST  (UTC minus 07 hours).

And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. This is my contribution of Humor from the Archives:

-This joke is joke # 3 in the Digest For 02/10/2003
From: Terry Galan
Subject: The Midget <adultish>

There was a midget down in Texas whose testicles ached almost all the time. So he finally went to his doctor and told him what the problem was. The doctor told him to drop his pants and he would have a look.

The midget dropped his pants. The doctor stood him up on the examining table, and started to examine him. The doc put one finger under his left one and told the midget to turn his head and cough ... the usual method to check for a hernia. "Aha!" mumbled the doc, and putting his finger under the right one, he asked the midget to cough again. "Aha!" said the doctor and reached for his surgical scissors. Snip, snip, snip, snip on the right side then snip, snip, snip, snip, snip, snip, snip on the left side. The midget was so scared he was afraid to look, so he stared at the ceiling. But he did notice that the snipping did not hurt!

The doctor then told the midget to get dressed and see if his balls still ached. The midget was absolutely delighted as he walked around the doc's office and discovered his groin area was no longer in any pain. The midget said, "Perfect, Doc, What did you do?"

The Doctor replied, "I cut two inches off the top of your cowboy boots."

Doug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archivist
January February March April
May June July August
September October November December

MONTHLY POST INDEXES