4. Traffic Report
5. Countries Information
6. Number Submissions By Hour
7. Top 13 Contributors
8. HumorList Information
9 Changes - August 2017
10. Contribution of Humor
11. Site Navigation

Hi, everyone, this is Doug, with this month's traffic report. Once a month, during the first part of the month, I send the report to the entire HUMOR list. Welcome to the month of February, 2014.

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: comments@thehumorlist.us On any reports, the totals are for 'days submitted' and not for the actual number of jokes submitted. Submission dates are based upon Eastern Time. Although more than one joke may be submitted per day, for the 'Daily Submission' count, only one submission per day is countable for these totals.

We did pretty well in February 2014. The number of Jokes, average jokes / day, and number of Contributors are all up, even though it was a short month. Way to go, everybody!

Part of the increase was because of our latest contributor, Anna Welander. Even though she only started on the 7th, she still was able to contribute 28 postings. Actually, even though it shows below that she contributed every day, that is not correct. She only contributed 13 days as shown beside her name in the Top 15. She DID contribute 28 times, however. All these statistics are generated by a computer program which apparently has a bug. I will correct that bug later.

Anna did do a batch of contributing, but the others on the Top 15 did their share too. Now if we could just have our number of subscribers go up also. Promote The Humor List if you can.

This is the Main Index, with current links for the archives - with HTML copies of Digests and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports: http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1/index.php

(Updated: January 2018)

Anyone subscribing to HumorList may post if they wish. Send your humor to: thehumorlist@simplelists.us
- Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until you can abide by The Rules.
- You will not see your posts (if you get individual postings) until they are approved.

Traffic Report for February 2014
Week Sun Mon Tues Wed Thu Fri Sat
1             7
2 5 8 4 6 8 7 9
3 6 7 7 6 8 12 5
4 7 5 4 6 6 12 7
5 9 9 11 6 6 8

  Feb 2014 Jan 2014 Feb 2013 Feb 2012
# Jokes for the Month: 203 180 163 176
# Days of submissions for the Month: 28 31 28 29
# Average Jokes per day for the Month: 7 6 6 6
# Contributors for the Month: 18 18 15 12
# New Subscribers for the Month: 4 4 * 6
# Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 7 1 10 16
# Non-Concealed Subscribers at end of the Month: 1524 1533 1639 2105
# Contributors at end of the Month: 23 21 19 30
# Countries at end of the Month: 44 44 46 53

The above statistics are based on addresses registered to our Listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers.

The HumorList is sent daily to the following countries:
Argentine, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cocos Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Micronesia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, and the USA

The countries list is generated from the last part of your email address. If your address doesn't end with a country name, it is assumed to be from the USA.

Number Submissions By Hour
00-11 1 0 1 2 4 3 30 5 10 12 15 11
12-23 23 6 10 13 9 13 6 8 5 8 5 1

And now, the Top 15 Contributors
This will show you which Contributors are sending the most daily contributions of Humor each month. Those who are posting every day are noted.
Top 16 Contributors from 02/01/2014 to 02/28/2014
* Paul Benoit 28
Sandy (AKA MsSam) 27
George Matyjewicz 25
Maurizio Mariotti 24
Grady Lacy 15
Anna Welander 13
Richard 8
Lanny Julian 8
Mickey Hennigan 7
Phil G 6
Lee Bradley 4
Emko Witteveen 4
Marsha Coleman 3
Leonard P Topolski 2
Renaud Olgiati 2
HumorList Traffic Reporter 1
* - Contributed Every Digest/Day

The Humor staff is comprised of:
SANDY (Member Services, Correspondence, and "Rules Cop")
    admin1@thehumorlist.us
DOUG (The Technical Guru that holds us together, Archivist, and Traffic Reporter)
    traffic@thehumorlist.us

Bill Edwards, Founder and Listowner Emeritus

HUMOR GOALS: A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor.
Protection of sensitivities for readers (heading warning requirement).

HUMOR CONTRIBUTOR RULES (brief version):
Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.
Only substantial examples of verbal humor should be posted.
Discussion, requests, and criticisms are not to be posted.
No personal attacks, apologies, reactions or retractions.
Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines; No ASCII art or signature file.
NO SPAMMING! A spammer will receive one warning before they are deleted and blocked. This is that one warning!
NO links or attached files - with the exception of official business by the administrators.

A CONTRIBUTOR WHO REPEATEDLY VIOLATES THE RULES, AFTER BEING WARNED, WILL BE SUSPENDED.

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017
The Humor List became a subscriber-supported list, with our list-mailing service being managed through SimpleLists. New information is now available for subscriptions, 12 months of current archives, and account management. We also have pages on both Facebook and Twitter.

SUBSCRIBE: The most current information, prices, and possible specials, will be posted on our website. We only accept PayPal for membership fees.

TO BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER: http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

TO CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS: http://archives.simplelists.com/

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE HUMOR LIST: Individualized link included on every email subscribers received.

TO FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/The-Humor-List-241979695844031/

TO FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/search?q=the_humor_list&src=typd

CONTRIBUTORS - SUBMIT POSTS TO: thehumorlist@simplelists.com

24-HOUR POSTING TIMES FOR DIGESTS: Midnight to midnight, PDT (UTC minus 08 hours) and 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST  (UTC minus 07 hours).

And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. This is my contribution of Humor from the Archives:

-This joke is joke # 9 in the Digest For 01/24/2002
From: Mickey Hennigan
Subject: Maybe

"A widower who never paid any attention to his wife while she was alive now found himself missing her desperately. He went to a psychic to see if he could contact his late wife.

The psychic went into a trance. A strange breeze wafted through the darkened room, and suddenly, the man heard the unmistakable voice of his dearly departed wife.

"Honey!" he cried. "Is that you?"

"Yes, my husband."

"Are you happy?"

"Yes, my husband."

"Happier than you were with me?"

"Yes, my husband ... much happier! "

"Then Heaven must be an amazing place!"

"I'm not in Heaven, dear."

Doug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archivist
January February March April
May June July August
September October November December

MONTHLY POST INDEXES