The Humor List's Home Page

The Humor List's Archived Files

The Humor List's List Owners' Biographies

The Humor List's Members' Rules and Regulations

The Humor List's Frequently Asked Questions

The Humor List's Top Contributors

The Humor List's Search Feature

Traffic Report For June 2013

  1. Introductory Comments
  2. How to Contribute
  3. Archive Information
  4. Traffic Report
  5. Countries Information
  6. Number Submissions By Hour
  7. Top 15 Contributors
  8. HumorList Information
  9. Subscribing To HumorList
  10. Making Changes By Web
  11. Making Changes By Email
  12. Contribution of Humor
  13. Month Index
The Humor List archives are being graciously hosted by Host995

Hi, everyone, this is Doug, with this month's traffic report. Once a month, during the first part of the month, I send the report to the entire HUMOR list. Welcome to the month of June, 2013.

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: comments@thehumorlist.com On any reports, the totals are for 'days submitted' and not for the actual number of jokes submitted. Submission dates are based upon Eastern Time. Although more than one joke may be submitted per day, for the 'Daily Submission' count, only one submission per day is countable for these totals.

Anyone subscribing to HumorList may post if they wish. Send your humor

. Keep in mind that new Contributors are moderated until you can abide by The Rules . You will not see your posts (if you get individual postings) until they are approved. Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = These are the current sites for the archives:
  • archive.thehumorlist.com (HTML copies of Digests and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports) Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Traffic Report for June 2013 Week Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat 1 5 2 5 8 7 8 4 7 6 3 4 8 7 7 5 7 7 4 4 5 6 5 4 3 4 5 5 6 9 4 6 7 6 6 3 Jun May Jun Jun 2013 2013 2012 2011 # Jokes for the Month: 172 156 211 156 # days of submissions for the Month: 30 31 30 30 # Average Jokes per day for the Month: 6 5 7 5 # Contributors for the Month: 19 15 17 12 # New Subscribers for the Month: 1 * 2 8 # Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 15 2 25 7 # ** Subscribers as of end of the Month: 1583 1601 1733 2170 # Contributors as of end of the Month: 19 18 22 30 # Countries as of end of the month: 45 46 48 53 * - Statistics not available ** - Only Non-Concealed subscribers The above statistics are based on addresses registered to our listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include only non-concealed subscribers. Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = The HumorList is sent daily to the following countries: Argentine, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cocos Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Isreal, Italy, Japan, Luzembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Micronesia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africia, Sweden, Taiwan, Tonga, Turkey, Tuvalu, United Kingdom, USA, The countries list is generated from the last part of your email address. If your address doesn't end with a country name, it is assumed to be from the USA. Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Number Submissions By Hour -------------------------- 00 to 11 0 1 1 1 2 1 3 16 22 18 12 11 12 to 23 9 7 11 9 8 12 9 6 4 2 6 1 =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = And now, the Top 15 Contributors. This will show you which Contributors are sending the most contributions of Humor each month. Those who are posting every day are noted. Top 15 Contributors from 6/1/2013 to 6/30/2013 Contributor # Posts *Paul Benoit 30 Maurizio Mariotti 25 Lee Bradley 22 Mickey Hennigan 19 George Matyjewicz 19 Phil G. 13 Richard 7 Randall Woodman 6 Marsha Coleman 5 Grady Lacy 2 Ray Powell 1 Humor Traffic 2 Emko Witteveen 2 rlb 1 Topolski, Leonard P. 1 * - Contributed Every Digest/Day Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = The Humor staff is comprised of: Sandy (AKA Ms Sam), Administrator and Support
    Doug Harter, Assistant Admin, Archivist and Traffic Reporter
    Bill Edwards, Founder and Listowner Emeritus HUMOR GOALS A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor. A diversity of humor: sources, forms, subjects. Freedom of expression for contributors. Protection of sensitivities for readers (heading warning requirement). HUMOR CONTRIBUTOR RULES (brief version) Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor. Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive. One contribution per day. Only substantial examples of verbal humor should be posted. Discussion, requests, and criticisms are not to be posted. No personal attacks, apologies, reactions or retractions. Articles should normally be shorter than 25 lines (99 lines max). Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines; No ASCII art or sig file. A contributor who violates the rules may be suspended. Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Subscribe to The Humor List by going to The Humor List Mailing Group , scrolling down to 'Subscribing to Humorlist' and filling in the information. OR Sending an email to
    with 'subscribe' (no quotes) in the Subject or Body of the email. Back to Top - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Making Changes by The Web Each Subscriber gets a Membership Configuration Page where you must sign in with the password you were given when you subscribed. You get to it by going to The Humor List Mailing Group , scrolling down to 'Unsubscribe or edit options' (Under 'Humorlist Subscribers') and filling in your email address. This will take you to another page where you enter your password to get to your Membership Configuration Page. Here are some things that may be done on that page: o Unsubscribe from HumorList o Turn Mail Delivery On/Off o Turn Digest On/Off (Off sends individual postings). o Set a Name for your email address o Change your email address o Change your password 0 Get a password reminder Back to Top - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - You may also make changes by Email by sending an email to
    with one of the following in the Subject or Body of the email (words in () are not needed, they just explain what you can do): o unsubscribe (from HumorList) o set show (Show your current option settings) o help (Returns help on email commands) o set help (Returns help on the Set options) o password (Returns your current password) There are several other things which may be done, but they require that you include your password in the email. Use these options with caution. o password oldpassword newpassword (Changes password) The following must be preceded by the following command: set authenticate password (password is the password you got when you subscribed) o set digest plain (Get Digests in plain text format) o set digest mime (Get Digests in MIME format) o set digest off (Get individual postings o set delivery off (Stops postings or Digests) o set delivery on (Starts postings or Digests again) o set reminders off (Turns off monthly password reminder) o set reminders on (Turns on monthly password reminder) Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. You will either see the joke below or a link to the joke, not the actual joke, although I will provide the Subject line (Topic). Since there are now HTML versions of all Digests, it will point to the joke itself. My contribution of Humor from the Archives:
    • This joke is joke # 1 in the Digest For 5/30/2010
    • The title of the Joke is: Dennis Hopper - RIP
    From: Marsha Coleman
    Subject:Dennis Hopper - RIP

    Dennis Lee Hopper was born at Dodge City, Kansas on 17 May 1936,
    he died at his home at Venice, California yesterday morning. His
    first film role was with James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause, and
    he worked sporadically ever since because of his tendency to rebel
    against directors, producers, schedules, and budgets. He also consumed
    staggering quantities of drugs and alcohol until he entered rehabilitation
    in 1983. He played a lot of bad guys, and he played them very well. -Van

    "Jimmy [Dean] was the most talented and original actor I ever saw work. He
    was also a guerrilla artist who attacked all restrictions on his
    sensibility. Once he pulled a switchblade and threatened to murder his
    director. I imitated his style in art and in life. It got me in a lot of
    trouble."

    "I've been sober now for 18 years. With all the drugs, psychedelics and
    narcotics I did, I was an alcoholic. Honestly, I only used to do cocaine so
    I could sober up and drink more. My last five years of drinking was a
    nightmare. I was drinking a half-gallon of rum with a fifth of rum on the
    side, in case I ran out, 28 beers a day, and three grams of cocaine just to
    keep me moving around. And I thought I was doing fine because I wasn't
    crawling around drunk on the floor."

    "There are moments that I've had some real brilliance, you know. But I think
    they are moments. And sometimes, in a career, moments are enough. I never
    felt I played the great part. I never felt that I directed the great movie.
    And I can't say that it's anybody's fault but my own."

    "I am just a middle-class farm boy from Dodge City and my grandparents were
    wheat farmers. I thought painting, acting, directing and photography was all
    part of being an artist. I have made my money that way. And I have had some
    fun. It's not been a bad life."

    "I had final cut, and I cut my own throat."

    "People keep asking me, 'What evil lurks in you to play such bad
    characters?' There is no evil in me, I just wear tight underwear."

         All from Dennis Hopper, 1936 - 2010
         compiled by G. Armour Van Horn

    ------------------------------

    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Doug Harter, Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter and Archiver

    January February March April
    May June July August
    September October November December
    Back to Top
    Back to Traffic Index
    Back to Main Index

    Web Page Design by Douglas Harter
    Page created using EMacs with ELSE extensions & Visual Basic 6
    If you have any comments or suggestions for additions or deletions to the above items in the page
    email

    To subscribe, visit The Humor List Mailing Group

    OR

    Send an email To
    with
    • subscribe