The Humor List's Home Page

The Humor List's Archived Files

The Humor List's List Owners' Biographies

The Humor List's Members' Rules and Regulations

The Humor List's Frequently Asked Questions

The Humor List's Top Contributors

The Humor List's Search Feature

Traffic Report For March 2012

  1. Introductory Comments
  2. Archive Information
  3. Traffic Report
  4. Countries Information
  5. Number Submissions by Hour
  6. Top 15 Contributors
  7. HumorList Information
  8. Contribution of Humor
  9. Month Index
The Humor List archives are being graciously hosted by Host995

Hi, everyone, this is Doug, with this month's traffic report. Once a month, during the first part of the month, I send the report to the entire HUMOR list. Welcome to the month of March, 2012.

This will be the last Traffic Report using the postings from our old home at The UGA Humor List. The postings after March 26 are from our new home at TheHumorList.com. If you didn't know, our ListOwner dissolved the UGA Humor List on March 26. Sandy (aka Ms Sam) took it over as Administrator on March 28 and Doug Harter (me) is helping. So we only lost one day of jokes. It is now just The Humor List.

We have a new web oriented page to subscribe and make any changes to your account. The email addresses of the Administrators are different also. Details of this are later in the Traffic Report.

People who actually read this report will notice that Jay Harman is still listed as ListOwner. That is because since Jay was in charge most of the month, I decided to keep him on the report for March 2012 only.

I have found that I can collect almost the same information from the new site as the old, so the look of the Traffic Report after this month will be about the same. Long Live The Humor List!

Subscribe to the UGA Humor List by sending an e-mail to
listserv@listserv.uga.edu and in the BODY of the e-mail put:
sub humor Joe Smith   (Use your name instead of Joe Smith)
These are the current sites for the archives:
  • archive.thehumorlist.com (HTML copies of Digests and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports) Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Traffic Report for March 2012 Week Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat 1 7 8 7 2 8 5 9 8 8 6 7 3 4 5 5 5 8 6 5 4 7 5 7 6 5 7 6 5 6 5 0 4 7 8 16 Mar Feb Mar Mar 2012 2012 2011 2010 # Jokes for the Month: 196 176 154 157 # days of submissions for the Month: 31 29 31 31 # Average Jokes per day for the Month: 6 6 5 5 # Contributors for the Month: 14 12 14 14 # New Subscribers for the Month: 5 6 13 12 # Members Unsubscribed for the Month: 3 16 16 8 # ** Subscribers as of end of the Month: 2105 2105 2201 2389 # Contributors as of end of the Month: 30 30 30 31 # Countries as of end of the month: 53 53 53 56 ** - Only Non-Concealed subscribers The above statistics are based on addresses registered to our listserver. It does not include addresses which receive HUMOR by other than direct mailings. The numbers include concealed/non-concealed subscribers Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = The HumorList is sent daily to the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Soviet Union, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tonga, Turkey, Tuvalu, USA, The countries list is generated from the last part of your email address. If your address doesn't end with a country name, it is assumed to be from the USA. Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Number Submissions By Hour -------------------------- 00 to 11 28 7 3 2 4 8 14 16 20 10 9 5 12 to 23 12 20 9 4 6 3 5 2 0 1 1 3 =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = And now, the Top 15 Contributors. This will show you which Contributors are sending the most contributions of Humor each month. Those who are posting every day are noted. Top 14 Contributors from 3/1/2012 to 3/31/2012 Contributor # Posts *Sandy (AKA MsSam) 29 Paul Benoit 29 Bill Stebbins 29 Mickey Hennigan 24 Phil G. 22 Maurizio Mariotti 18 Stan Kegel 8 Richard 6 Emko Witteveen 6 Topolski, Leonard P. 5 Gerry Skau 5 Lee Bradley 2 Jim Mica 1 Doug Harter 1 * - Contributed Every Digest/Day Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = The Humor staff is comprised of: Jay Harman, Listowner
    and temporary Examiner & Rules Enforcer
    Doug Harter, Archivist and Traffic Reporter
    Sandy (AKA Ms Sam), Member Projects Coordinator
    Bill Edwards, Founder and Listowner Emeritus HUMOR GOALS A daily average of 5-10 examples of humor. A diversity of humor: sources, forms, subjects. Freedom of expression for contributors. Protection of sensitivities for readers (heading warning requirement). HUMOR CONTRIBUTOR RULES (brief version) Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor. Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive. One contribution per day. Only substantial examples of verbal humor should be posted. Discussion, requests, and criticisms are not to be posted. No personal attacks, apologies, reactions or retractions. Articles should normally be shorter than 25 lines (99 lines max). Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines; No ASCII art or sig file. A contributor who violates the rules may be suspended. = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = To Subscribe to the Humor List: Send an e-mail to:
    leave the subject area blank; in the BODY of the letter, type: SUB HUMOR yourfirstname yourlastname - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - A few of the more widely used commands: Send an e-mail to:
    leave the subject area blank; in the BODY of the letter, type: GET HUMOR GUIDE become a contributor QUERY HUMOR check your settings SIGNOFF HUMOR leave the main list (unsubscribe) SIGNOFF HUMOR-P leave the contributor's list SET HUMOR NOMAIL stop all mail for a temporary period SET HUMOR MAIL receive humor as it is posted SET HUMOR DIGEST daily collections of humor (default) SET HUMOR CONCEAL conceal your address from spammers Back to Top = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. You will either see the joke below or a link to the joke, not the actual joke, although I will provide the Subject line (Topic). Since there are now HTML versions of all Digests, it will point to the joke itself. My contribution of Humor from the Archives:
    • This joke is joke # 2 in the Digest For 9/26/2003
    • The title of the Joke is: BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY!!!
    From: Paul Benoit
    Subject:BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY!!!

    FOR SALE :  IRAQ

    For Sale: A fertile, once-wealthy country with a population of
    around 25 million… plus around 150,000 foreign troops, and a
    handful of puppets.

    Conditions of Sale: Buyer should be either an American or British
    corporation (please heed: NO FRENCH)… preferably affiliated with
    Halliburton. Please contact one of the members of the Governing
    Council in Baghdad, Iraq for more information... or call INC leader
    Ahmed Chalabi direct.

    Be self-employed!  Get in on the ground floor!

    Get McAfee virus scanning and cleaning of incoming attachments.  Get Hotmail
    Extra Storage!   http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

    ------------------------------

    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Doug Harter, Traffic Reporter and Archiver

    January February March April
    May June July August
    September October November December
    Back to Top
    Back to Traffic Index
    Back to Main Index

    Web Page Design by Douglas Harter
    Page created using EMacs with ELSE extensions & Visual Basic 6
    If you have any comments or suggestions for additions or deletions to the above items in the page
    email

    To subscribe, visit The Humor List Mailing Group

    OR

    Send an email To
    with
    • subscribe