Traffic Report for May 1994

  1. Introductory Comments
  2. Traffic Report
  3. HumorList Information
  4. Contribution of Humor
  5. Month Index
The Humor List archives are being graciously hosted by www.catweasel.org

Dear HUMOR members:

This is a weekly report I send out to our contributors so they can
gauge the amount of traffic. Once a month I send it out to the entire
list. Contributors agree to support the list goal of a maximum
daily average of 20.0 posts. Since we created the Contributor's list,
HUMOR has never had more than an average of 17.0 posts per day for a
given week. Below the table, you can see a list of HUMOR's 9 rules.
This is an open subscription list and the contributions are not
censored. We are rule-governed.

I continue to invite list readers to register as contributors. You can
request the *Contributor's Guide* by sending the command GET HUMOR
GUIDE to the LISTSERV@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU address. After reading that
document, you will need to send me numbered answers (one of which
includes an opportunity to present a bit of humor--testing your
ability to write an appropriate subject line). There is no expectation
that contributors post on a regular basis. I appreciate our regulars,
but if everyone of our current contributors posted just one article
per week, we would average over 35 articles per day. Having sporadic
contributors insures diversity (which is a goal of HUMOR).
 Back to Top

                    Traffic Report for HUMOR
              (Number of articles posted each day)

             4 Weeks   3 Weeks    2 Weeks   1 Week     Last
  Day          Back      Back      Back      Back      Week

Sunday           4        10         3         4         7
Monday          15        11        12        12        11
Tuesday          7        14         8        15        14
Wednesday       25        12        14        19        19
Thursday        15        20        18        13        19
Friday          15        10        18        11        16
Saturday         4         7         4         3         5

  Averages     12.1      12.0      11.0      11.0      13.0

 Back to Top

HUMOR has 9 rules (here is the simplified version):

1) Six rules protect HUMOR members from excessive traffic.
 Only substantial examples of verbal humor should be posted.
 Discussion, requests, criticisms, questions should not be posted.
 One contribution per day.
 No personal attacks, no apologies, no reactions.
 Articles should normally be shorter than 50 lines (99 lines max).
 Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines. No ASCII art. No signature
file preferred.

2) Three rules protect HUMOR from complaints.
 Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
 Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.
 A contributor who violates rules can be disqualified.

 Back to Top

* * Obligatory Humor * *

From: cindy@lise.unit.no (Cynthia Kandolf)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.urban,alt.folklore.college

Derek Tearne writes: Norway - where mad explorers make it back alive.
Well, almost always. Woah, that Norway place sounds _dangerous_ I
don't think I'll try going exploring there...

It's safe as long as you remember these simple rules:
1. Glaciers can sometimes move.
2. Don't go parachuting off cliffs.
3. Don't try to take close-up pictures of musk oxen.
4. Never, ever trust a troll.
5. Don't eat the lutefisk.

(The guy who tried to take a close-up picture of a musk ox did
survive, however)

Source: Best-of-Usenet

Bill Edwards, HUMOR listowner, BEDWARDS@UGA.BITNET (uga.cc.uga.edu)
name FamilyName. A command goes in the 1st line of the message field.

January February March April
May June July August
September October November December
Back to Top