From newsgroups: soc.couples
From: apl@world.std.com (Tony Lawrence)
Subject: Newfangled Inventions

This is not really couples related, but it's short and I think many
of you will get a kick out of it:

Last weekend we went out and bought a microwave oven.  Our first,
after almost 27 years of marriage.  Gotta be close to the last
middle-aged couple in the USA to do this, but anyway...

My mother, who lives with us, is 84, and not even approaching senility
or crotchetyness or anything like it, observed the new appliance and
said, "You young folks!  The minute something new comes out, you just
think you have to run out and buy it."

And then she walked back to her room.

Linda and I had to run to the bedroom and stifle ourselves with
pillows :-)

Source: alt.humor.best-of-usenet
--------------------------------
 Back to Top

Dear HUMOR members:

This is a weekly report I send out to our contributor so they can
gauge the amount of traffic. All contributor agree to support the list
goal of a maximum daily average of 20.0 posts. Since we created the
Contributor's list, HUMOR has never had more than an average of 17.0
posts per day for a given week. Below the table, you can see a list of
HUMOR's 9 rules. This is an open subscription list and the
contributions are unmoderated. We are rule-governed.

I continue to invite list readers to register as contributors. I will
be happy to send you the 120 line instructional document for
contributors and a 7 item application form (which includes an
opportunity to present a bit of humor--testing your ability to write
an appropriate subject line). There is no expectation that
contributors post on a regular basis. I appreciate our regular, but if
everyone of our current contributors posted just one article per week,
we would average over 33 articles per day. Having infrequent contri-
butors insures diversity (which is another goal of HUMOR).
 Back to Top

                    Traffic Report for HUMOR
              (Number of articles posted each day)

             4 Weeks   3 Weeks    2 Weeks   1 Week     Last
  Day          Back      Back      Back      Back      Week

Sunday           8        10         7         8         4

Monday          15        17        17        20        15

Tuesday         24        17        20        13         7

Wednesday       13        29        29        21        25

Thursday        19        20        17        20        15

Friday          18        17        18        22        15

Saturday         9         9         4         7         4

  Averages     15.0      17.0      16.0      15.9      12.1

 Back to Top

HUMOR has 9 rules (here is the simplified version):

1) Six rules protect HUMOR members from excessive traffic.
     Only substantial examples of humor should be posted.
     Discussion, requests, criticisms, questions should not be posted.
     One contribution per day.
     No personal attacks.
     Articles should normally be shorter than 50 lines (99 lines max).
     Conserve bandwidth: Avoid blank lines. No ASCII files. No
signature file preferred.

2) Three rules protect HUMOR from complaints.
     Subject line should disclose the subject of the humor.
     Subject line should include warning if potentially offensive.
     A contributor who violates rules can be disqualified.

Bill Edwards, HUMOR listowner, BEDWARDS@UGA.BITNET (uga.cc.uga.edu)
name FamilyName. A command goes in the 1st line of the message field.

January February March April
May June July August
September October November December
Back to Top