The Humor List

Digest for Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Topics of the day:
1. World's Best Healthcare System <political> (Phil G)
2. Drunk time (Topolski, Leonard P.)
3. I Wonder What Would Happen?? (Paul Benoit)

Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 17:34:58 -0400
From: Phil G
Subject: World's Best Healthcare System <political>

By way of James Taranto's column.
Britain's National Health Service "has been declared the world's best healthcare system by an international panel of experts who rated its care superior to countries which spend far more on health," boasts London's left-wing Guardian newspaper:

"The same study also castigated healthcare provision in the US as the worst globally. The report has been produced by the Commonwealth Fund, a Washington-based foundation which is respected around the world for its analysis of the performance of different countries' health systems. It examined an array of evidence about performance in 11 countries, including detailed data from patients, doctors and the World Health Organisation...

"The only serious black mark against the NHS was its poor record on keeping people alive."

Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 04:42:08 -0500
From: Topolski, Leonard P.
Subject: Drunk time

The Dublin police were given orders to clean up the neighborhood.

That night a drunk staggered towards a constable and said, "Excuse me offisher, what time is it?"

The cop replied, "It's one o'clock," and bonked him on the head with his baton.

"Jeez," said Paddy. "I'm glad I didn't ask you an hour ago!"

Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 07:52:54 -0400
From: Paul Benoit
Subject: I Wonder What Would Happen??

It sucks when you yell "FIRE!!" and the whole theater empties out in a nice orderly fashion.
I got so embarrassed I had to go ahead and start one.