1. Introductory Comments
2. Annual Statistics
3. Yearly Totals and Averages
4. Contributor Posts For 2018
5. Subscribing Instructions
6. Changes Effective August 2017
7. Finding the Archive Indexes
8. Follow Us on Social Media
9. Doug's Traditional Humor Contribution
10. Annual Report Index
11. The Humor List Website Navigation

WELCOME TO THE 2018 ANNUAL TRAFFIC REPORT
Hi, everyone. This is Sandy and Doug with the Annual Traffic Report for 2018. Once a year the Annual Traffic Report is posted for all the members and contributors. We email a brief summary to all of our members, with a link to the actual Traffic Report posted on our website.  This method helps keep the daily Digests from becoming too large.

2018 gave us the first full year of contributor posts, as a member-supported group - and they did an absolutely amazing job with a total of 5,460 actual posts and when calculating the days for contributor posts, we averaged 14.85 daily posts. Two contributors posted every day in 2018 - Sandy (AKA MsSam) and Humoress1. Paul Benoit posted 364 days, George Matyjewicz posted 359 days and Bill Eagle posted 358 days - that's missing less than one day a month for a full year! SO ... in celebrating our first full year anniversary as a member-supported group, Doug and I decided to do something very different this year. We've dedicated $100 in prize money and have divided it among these top three contributors (considering Sandy also qualified twice as the Top Contributor for 2018, being an administrator for The Humor List, she has turned down her participation as an award winner). These totals are for "days submitted" and not for the actual number of jokes submitted by a contributor. Although more than one joke may be submitted per day, for the "Contributor Posts" count, only one submission per day is countable for those totals.

The three winners will be receiving an Amazon gift card - Paul for $50, George for $25, and Bill for $25! Congratulations - and if we can increase our membership - just one per month, this might become a regular yearly award!!

Our website continues with intense remodeling, including our statistical reports. The website pages are being upgraded from .txt format to .html and we've added a search program to make it easier to find older jokes. http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1/index.php The Traffic Reports have eliminated statistics that used to be critical when the UGA program first started, but are irrelevant now. Hopefully, all of these changes make the total website cleaner looking and user-friendly to members and visitors alike.

Outstanding
Multiple Contributors deserve recognition for their OUTSTANDING contributions in 2018 - From the December Monthly Traffic Report
Sandy (AKA MsSam) - Currently 22 consecutive months of daily posts (12 months total in 2018)
Humoress1 - Currently 15 consecutive months of daily posts (12 months total in 2018)
Paul Benoit - Currently 2 consecutive months of daily posts (11 months total in 2018)
George Matyjewicz - Currently 8 consecutive months of daily posts (9 months total in 2018)
Bill Eagle Currently 1 month of daily posts (8 months total in 2018)
Earl Hall - 4 months of daily posts in 2018
Roger Hyman - 3 months of daily posts in 2018
Doug Harter - 2 months of daily posts in 2018

If you have a complaint or comment regarding a post - send it to: admin1@thehumorlist.us
If you have a complaint or comment regarding the Traffic Report - send it to: comments@thehumorlist.us
(This report updated with current information: January 2018)

ANNUAL TRAFFIC REPORT FOR THE HUMOR LIST - 2018
  JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG SEP OCT NOV DEC
2018
otal Posts
462 442 458 449 459 488 527 472 419 401 395 485
2017
otal Posts
167 148 187 161 44 159 208 237 300 367 355 391
2018 Daily
Average
14.9 15.8 14.8 15 14.8 16.3 17 15.2 14 12.9 13.2 15.6
2017 Daily
Average
5 5 6 5 4.8 5.6 6.7 7.6 10 11.8 11.8 12.6
2018
Subscribers
310 312 313 334 331 331 331 331 331 331 331 327
2017
ubscribers
1461 1461 1458 1464 1461 1243/
147
234 238 242 242 241 307
2018 Active
Contributors
21 17 19 21 17 19 19 17 16 17 15 16
2017 Active
Contributors
5 11 11 9 7 15 16 19 19 17 19 18
2018 Total
Contributors
23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23 23
2017 Total
Contributors
12 12 12 12 10 21 22 21 23 24 22 23

YEARLY TOTALS AND AVERAGES
Total Postings 2018 5460
Total Postings 2017 2514
Total Posting Days 2018 365
Total Posting Days 2017 340
Average Postings Per Day 2018 14.95
Average Postings Per Day 2017 7.3
Average Subscribers 2018 331
Average Subscribers 2017 N/A
Average Total Contributors 2018 23
Average Total Contributors 2017 N/A
Average Monthly Contributors 2018 17.8
Average Monthly Contributors 2017 N/A

CONTRIBUTOR POSTS FOR 2018
Give each of them a BIG round of applause!
Contributor Daily
Posts
Total
Posts
Sandy (AKA MsSam) 365 955
Humoress1 365 427
Paul Benoit (PBen) 364 385
George Matyjewicz 359 448
Bill Eagle 358 568
Roger Hyman (A/Dodger) 330 911
Maurizio Mariotti (Maury) 265 299
March Warn 250 392
Lee Bradley (T.O.P) 157 162
Earl Hall (Hi Verchal) 123 130
Anna Welander 118 261
Grady Lacy 116 150
Doug Harter 104 124
Phil G 44 47
Lanny Julian 41 47
Ray Powell 28 46
Randall Woodman 25 27
Mickey Hennigan 13 14
Bob Bragner (RLB) 10 10
Leonard Topolski 8 13
Larry Randall 4 4
Jim Mica 3 3
Yearly Data

SUBSCRIBING INSTRUCTIONS:
1) http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

2) The one-time subscriber fee remains at $14.95 for one email address or $19.95 for two email addresses.

3) After payment through PayPal, you will be directed back to the Humor List website. Because PayPal and SimpleLists are not directly connected, there is a second step that must be completed. Please continue by adding your subscription information to the SimpleLists form.

4) One of the factors in deciding to allow SimpleLists to become our new mailing list service was their strict anti-spamming policy. After completing the SimpleLists form, you will be sent a "Request to join mailing list thehumorlist@simplelists.com" email with a confirmation link. Be sure to confirm your email address. If a subscriber has not "confirmed" their email address - SimpleLists will not allow us to include their email address for daily mailings.

EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2017
The Humor List became a subscriber-supported list, with our list-mailing service being managed through SimpleLists. New information is now available for subscriptions, 12 months of current archives, and account management. We also have pages on both Facebook and Twitter.

SUBSCRIBE: The most current information, prices, and possible specials, will be posted on our website. We only accept PayPal for membership fees.

TO BECOME A SUPPORTING MEMBER: http://thehumorlist.us/subscribe.htm

TO CONTROL YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS: http://archives.simplelists.com/

TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE HUMOR LIST: Individualized link included on every email subscribers received.

24-HOUR POSTING TIMES FOR DIGESTS: Midnight to midnight, PDT (UTC minus 08 hours) and 11:00 PM to 11:00 PM PST  (UTC minus 07 hours).

FINDING THE ARCHIVE INDEXES
(Daily Humor Posts, Digests, and Yearly and Monthly Traffic Reports)

These are the current sites for the archives:
Pre-December 2017 (Available to the public)
http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1

Post-December 2017 (Members only)
https://archives.simplelists.com/thehumorlist

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
The Humor List on Facebook US ON FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/The-Humor-List-241979695844031/

FOLLOW US ON The Humor List on Twitter
https://twitter.com/The_Humor_List

DOUG'S TRADITIONAL HUMOR CONTRIBUTION
And finally, the one feature which has been featured in all Traffic Reports, the contribution of Humor. Since, I am not a real regular contributor, I will not be providing new Humor. Instead, I will provide a joke from the archives. It will be at least 14 months old, so most of you won't remember it. This is my contribution of Humor from the Archives:

This joke is joke #5 in the Digest For 12/31/2002
http://archive.thehumorlist.us/Site1/Digests/H0212310.php#Joke5
From: Les Pourciau
Subject: A New Year is upon us

DAILY SURVIVAL KIT
This New Year, I am giving you a DAILY SURVIVAL KIT, to help thru 2003:

Toothpick ... to remind you to pick the good qualities in everyone, including yourself.

Rubber band ... to remind you to be flexible. Things might not always go the way you want, but it can be worked out.

Band-Aid ... to remind you to heal hurt feelings, either yours or someone else's.

Eraser ... to remind you everyone makes mistakes. That's okay, we learn by our errors.

Candy Kiss ... to remind you everyone needs a hug or a compliment everyday.

Mint ... to remind you that you are worth a mint to your family.

Bubble Gum ... to remind you to stick with it and you can accomplish anything.

Pencil ... to remind you to list your blessings every day.

Tea Bag ... to remind you to take time to relax daily and go over that list of God's blessings.

This is what makes life worth living every minute, every day

Wishing you 365 days of love, gratitude, friends to cherish, caring, sharing, laughter, music, warm feelings in your heart and soaring with the eagles.

Doug Harter: Asst. Admin, Traffic Reporter, and Archivist
Sandy (AKA MsSam): Member Services, Correspondence, "Rules Cop", and Web Design

ANNUAL TRAFFIC REPORTS
1993 1994 1995 1996
1997 1998 1999 2000
2001 2002 2003 2004
2005 2006 2007 2008
2009 2010 2011 2012
2013 2014 2015 2016
2017 2018 2019 - To Be Added 2020 - To Be Added
Back to Top

SITE NAVIGATION
MONTHLY POST INDEXES
CONTACT INFORMATION